Pro-Circuit 496 vs FMF Q for 426

4 replies to this topic
  • John_Lorenz

Posted June 23, 2004 - 09:16 AM

Ok I have been waiting over a flippin year "Almost" for the White Bothers E2 pipe to be released for the 426. They have pushed the release date back one to many times for me now. I am a WB loyalist, but frankly I am fed up on waiting. They now say Mid July at best or late July...... :thumbsup:

So all you 426 owners who have opted to the Pro-C 496 and or the FMF Q. I am not a fan of either, but am willing to opt for second best IMO

What say you about them

Pro's, Con's?

I will even be interested in the 450 people who have the E2 should I wait another Month for it

• endurodog

Posted June 23, 2004 - 11:07 AM

John I have the FMF Q and so far so good. It makes less power than stock opened up on my WR but it's better than the inserts. I have not had any problems with it either. And remember FMF supports the BRC :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lipskid

Posted June 23, 2004 - 01:48 PM

I have a PC496 on my '03 WR450. Runs better than stock (uncorked), but not much quieter IMO.

• LJ

Posted June 24, 2004 - 05:33 AM

I like the Q on my 400, it is much quiter than stock. So much so that you start to hear all of the weird noises in your engine and you get paranoid!

The only [@#$%&*!] I have is with the stupid strap mount that attaches the muffler to the subframe. It is nearly impossible to attach the muffler with the bolt and spacer (you need the spacer or the tire will rub the muffler) provided with the muffler. I just used a longer bolt and the problem is solved. Still, the strap is cheesy, it doesn't belong on a $300 muffler.

• lightestYZF

Posted June 24, 2004 - 10:03 AM

LOL LJ.

I was rushing to get one of my bikes ready to do some trail riding on a vacation to Idaho last Labor day and of course was running late. I had to pull a couple of all nighters to get the bike together (I had swapped motors between frames). So I am exhausted and at about 4AM I am trying to get that damn strap on and not thinking to straight. Took me a while being that tired to think of a longer bolt. What a PITA.

Anyway it is quiet but does cut power across the board compared to stock YZ exhaust. Never used PC496 or E2 to compare.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.