02' WR426 Free Mods

3 replies to this topic
  • calkins36

Posted June 23, 2004 - 09:02 AM

Hello everyone, I'm the proud new owner of a new 02' Wr426. I've read thru hundreds of posts for the free mods for the 250's. Can anyone tell me which one's work for the 02' 426. and which ones need to be done before the other's?? :thumbsup: and if anyone has any info. on how to make it street legal in Michigan.

• oldbones

Posted June 23, 2004 - 11:23 AM

Try this. This weblink should answer enough questions to keep you busy for a while!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pooley

Posted June 27, 2004 - 04:06 PM

Making a bike street legal in Michigan is easy. You need the following:
Headlight with high/lo beam
Horn (can even be off of a tricycle)
Brake light
DOT Knobbies

That is it, your hands qualify for turn signals. I may have forgotten something however a form is available at the Secretary of State that has the necessary mods. You will need to get this form signed by a police to convert your title from off-road to street.

The electrical work is easy. If you want detailed info let me know.

• calkins36

Posted June 28, 2004 - 03:19 PM

Ya, Pooly Any info. that I can get would be great. Can't afford the 500.00 dual sport kits right now. I live in Clare Mi. so I would like to have it street legal to ride it to the trails instead of the whole trailer thing.
Thanks Don :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.