Want to by 01 WR tank with graphics

6 replies to this topic
  • rvanliere

Posted July 12, 2002 - 02:43 AM

I recently cracked the tank on my 01 bike . Does anybody have an extra WR tank with graphics laying around for an 01 :)

• CAL

Posted July 12, 2002 - 03:58 AM

If you go to the WR tank, you'll have to get a WR seat too. I'd buy a Clarke or IMS YZ tank if I were you.

• rvanliere

Posted July 12, 2002 - 05:30 AM

Thats my problem I already have the WR seat .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bambislayer

Posted July 12, 2002 - 09:04 PM

I thought your bike was a yz and you should have a yz seat too. If not disregard. If so, I have a 3.2 gallon IMS tank with new petcock and some shrouds I will throw in if you would like it. $100 plus shipping.

• rvanliere

Posted July 12, 2002 - 05:22 PM

Yeah I do have an 01 YZ426F. But, I traded seat/tank with another TT member at one time . He wanted better handling on the tight mx tracks for his WR . I wanted mor fuel capacity and didnt care how the seat fit. I ride more trail and on the river in the winter ( with studded tires ) . We run wide open at times for quite a few miles and the small tank didnt work out well for my needs. So here we are . I want an 01 WR tank to match my seats and stock graphics. I want to keep my bike nice and clean and well kept looking.I might try to JB Weld the tank . The crack in my tank is right where an elbow on my left radiator is. I dumped my bike coming into a corner with way too much fresh dirt placed there ,landed on my right side crushed my ankle and cracked the left side of my tank . Dont ask me how that is even possible but it happened. I wish somebody could hook me up . It seems like when i'm not looking for one of these tanks , everybody and there mother is trying to get rid of one. By the way how is the Pro Meg pipe working out for you ?

• Tanja

Posted July 12, 2002 - 06:17 PM

i have an 01 wr seat tank only used a few times before i switched to the yz stuff. great condition w/graphics. you'll have to use your petcock, cap, and seat mount. sorry i posted this instead of a reply.

• Bambislayer

Posted July 13, 2002 - 05:28 PM

The pipe is sweet. I have only tried it so far with the same setup you sent it with and I loveit. I have yet to get to a track with it, but I can tell even in the woods that it has way more low end snap. Thanks again.

Frank

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.