How much sag?

5 replies to this topic
  • electorn

Posted June 23, 2004 - 08:07 AM

Hi everyone, new here, new 450 and a question already. How much sag should you run on the bike? It has about 6 hours on it at the moment, so I think everything should be settled in. I have set 100mm with me sat on the bike. When I measure the sag with the bike supporting its own weight it only sags about 10mm. Does this mean I should get a heavier spring or is this OK? It seems that I had to wind on quite a bit of preload. Any thoughts?

• SteadyEddy

Posted June 23, 2004 - 11:27 AM

hey dude welcome,
check out these sites.

http://www.off-road..../tootechp1.html

http://www.off-road....ke/tootech.html

:thumbsup:

• tcmII

Posted June 23, 2004 - 02:32 PM

Should be just about right. You can also check out the Race Tech (www.racetech.com) or the Tech-Care (www.tech-care.com) for more information.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • maxtherat

Posted June 23, 2004 - 03:12 PM

You should run a heavier spring. You can get the same sag without running as much preload. Were you in full gear when you did your measurements? If not, then run a heavier spring for sure.

• RichBaker

Posted June 23, 2004 - 03:49 PM

I'd go to the next step harder, maybe two steps....what do you wheigh?

• electorn

Posted June 23, 2004 - 07:47 PM

Thanks for your input guys, I weigh 14 stones or 200 pounds in riding gear, and the measurements were taken with me wearing my gear. I haven't ridden the bike since adjusting the sag, I'll see how it feels on the weekend. I think a heavier spring may be the way forward though.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.