YZ400F, Thanks

3 replies to this topic
  • Rider4Life2413

Posted July 11, 2002 - 10:42 PM

Hello, I live in Illinios (NW) and my local shop has a 99 yz400f for sale. www.hammertime.com (goto used bikes, you'll see it.) Anywho, Is it wrong if i ask them to let me test ride it? What things should i check out on the bike before the purchase? They are asking 3500... is this a bit high? I know i can talk him down if its to high since the 03's are comming out soon. Thanks guys jsut for taking time and reading this and tell me what you think.

• FOX426

Posted July 12, 2002 - 02:25 AM

Most shops do not allow test rides for off road bikes. I have seen some with a small oval tracks for such but as a general rule most do not. $3500 is too high in my opinion. I'm not sure what the market price is showing right now but I would think more around 2800 to 3000. Good luck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted July 12, 2002 - 02:42 AM

Kelly Blue book shows 3800 for retail sale and 2600 for Trade-in

Concider this, the bike was probably a trade in. so the dealer most likly gave the 2000 to 2600 for the bike.

I think its to high, I agree with the price range Fox stated.

Things to ask for look for. Thats tuff one to answer this early in the mornig and no coffee in me..

• CyPrice

Posted July 12, 2002 - 04:34 AM

2001 426 are going for about 3500-3900 out of the paper in these parts and yamaha is real popular around here. That certainly is not even a decent deal. I dont think the dealer is a good place to buy used bikes. Try cycle trader or your local paper and you will get a much better deal.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.