Discolored cylinder

2 replies to this topic
  • gonzo

Posted June 23, 2004 - 04:47 AM

My 450 cylinder is starting to show a little discoloration around the bolts. Is this normal? Is my motor overheating? Also recently I started smelling alittle bit of burning oil but when I check the level it's fine?

My guess is the rings are going bad. 200 hours on the stock top end. I just checked the valves and they were spec.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted June 23, 2004 - 05:14 AM

do you think the discoloration is burnt oil?

I dont have my manual with me, but what does the Service manual say for top end maint time?

• Wyatt

Posted June 23, 2004 - 05:59 AM

The manual won't do much good in this instance. If you go by manual specs, he probably should have rebuilt it a dozen times by now.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.