Slipon silencer pole. Vote now!

9 replies to this topic
  • Miker

Posted June 23, 2004 - 04:40 AM

I am looking at getting a Yoshimura oval stainless or the White Brothers Pro Meg for my uncorked XR650R. I am pretty happy with the stock pipe and HRC tip but would like a little more zip and some cool looks. Any thoughts from owners of these two pipes would be great. My concerns are noise, power, weight, fit and finish. My bike is CA street legal. Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

• TimBrp

Posted June 23, 2004 - 05:06 AM

Well I would imagine that the Yosh and Pro meg are way too loud. I would try an FMF Q or the new White Bros E2.

• frankstr

Posted June 23, 2004 - 05:28 AM

The fmf Q is my vote,did the hole saw trick at first ,way too loud heard one with the power core four ,too loud
fmf Q decent sound and good power!!!!! :thumbsup:

• qadsan

Posted June 23, 2004 - 01:37 PM

My vote goes to the Moriwaki in terms of fit, finish, & appearance. I can't speak for long term durability, but it's a work of art compared to most systems I've seen. It doesn't seem to be any louder than the HRC tip, but I've not had it sound tested to verify this. The Moriwaki web site spec'd the system at 102dba, but I'm guessing that had to be without the spark arrestor, which quiets the exhaust note considerably. The spark arrestor can be easily removed with one screw if desired for closed course racing. In terms of cost, they're closing them out at Big Valley Honda at a special price, but its a full system with a 2" diameter header.

• don87xr600

Posted June 23, 2004 - 02:35 PM

Remember the q is supposed to be repacked every 20 hours, kind of a drag if your bike is a daily driver.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Roll_it_on

Posted June 24, 2004 - 04:17 AM

I had the FMF Q on my 650R and I didn't like the power. Lost alot of the bottom end. Looked cool though. I put the stock pipe with the HRC tip back on and the bike runs much better IMHO.

• TimBrp

Posted June 24, 2004 - 06:15 AM

I know a guy that does ceramic/powder coating etcetc. He said for a whole frame powder coated and cleared $125-140. Now that's cheap. I'm having him ceramic coat my header and canister. Should look sweet, and I'll have the cool sound and power of the stock exhaust. Hell I even have a cool metal stamp to put on the exhaust canister when it's done.

• SaltyWalrus

Posted June 24, 2004 - 09:17 AM

TimBRP, you get your bike on the road yet? Maybe you should worry about that instead of ceramic coating your exhaust. I just fired you an email regarding Maine ride on July 4th weekend. :thumbsup:

• TimBrp

Posted June 24, 2004 - 09:51 AM

I didn't get the email, and yes I'm very concentrated on the road-worthiness of my pig. I have the kit and it's going on this weekend. I'm off the whole week after July 4th, lets hook-up and tear [@#$%&*!] up.

• SaltyWalrus

Posted June 24, 2004 - 10:20 AM

I will start a new post so as not to get totally off topic.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.