For those with the White Bros. E-Series exhaust

10 replies to this topic
  • Wrfrk

Posted June 23, 2004 - 04:30 AM

I am curious to know what the average amount of plates are that everyone is using? I've been running 12 on my '00 WR400 but it's so dang loud that I pulled 7 out last night. I did quiet it down a good amount but I am conerned about the loss of power that I may have now. Any thoughts....

• Vick115

Posted June 23, 2004 - 04:43 AM

im running 10 plates. good power and not to loud

• yathump

Posted June 23, 2004 - 04:45 AM

You will loss some top end power(not much IMO) but you will gain some in the bottom end. I run normally between 6 to 7 plates on my yz426, i am currently searching for a FMF Q to help quiet it down on the trails.

• jjk

Posted June 23, 2004 - 06:23 AM

Im running the E-series, so adding plates increases top end, and taking them off adds bottom?

• Wrfrk

Posted June 23, 2004 - 07:05 AM

That is the "RUMOR" White Bros started, is it true ??? :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dmp437

Posted June 23, 2004 - 07:47 AM

Nah, it's true. You enhance the bottom by giving the exhaust a smaller area to exit. Same concept the FMF Powerbomb headersuse; Powerbomb SX (smaller diameter headpipe) boosts the low end, Powerbomb MX (larger diameter headpipe) boosts the top end.
There are also differences in top and bottom power depending on which E-Series you run; ProMeg of S-Bend.

• Matt96xr6

Posted June 23, 2004 - 08:06 AM

0 - zero

Turndown with a PC t-4 s/a insert.

and it is actually quiet

• Wrfrk

Posted June 23, 2004 - 09:05 AM

0 - zero

and it is actually quiet

And replacem the whole silencer, I think not. Money tree is dead at my house.....

• dragon174

Posted June 25, 2004 - 10:22 AM

speaking of the white bros. E-series exhaust... can you buy the screws at any local hardware store or doe they have to be ordered from white bros.?

:thumbsup:

• holeshot426

Posted June 25, 2004 - 01:06 PM

0 - zero

and it is actually quiet

And replacem the whole silencer, I think not. Money tree is dead at my house.....

He is talking about the e-series with just the turndown endcap.

I ran that same setup except I made my own SA, and I lost about half my hp. It was weak. Last time I rode at StoneyFord ranger d!ck made me run 5 disks and my solid endplate and even like that I had to work to loft the front end. It makes best power with 10 disks, no solid end plate and a screen type SA. It does get loud, but I ride mostly private ground where there are no other riders but my bros....

• dmp437

Posted June 26, 2004 - 12:27 PM

speaking of the white bros. E-series exhaust... can you buy the screws at any local hardware store or doe they have to be ordered from white bros.?

You can get the screws local BUT remember to put "anti-seize" on them when they are installed. There should hav been a little white tube of it included with your silencer when it was new.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.