03 WR450 Ignition casing required

2 replies to this topic
  • DonaldWRF

Posted June 23, 2004 - 12:34 AM

Hi there,

My 03 wr450 electric starter stopped working last week. Just seemed to be spinning. I took casing off and found casing has broken and gears are not engaging. I'd like to get this repaired as cheaply as possible and was wondering if anyone that had done the 2004 mods could sell me the old casing they changed as part of this procedure.

Regards

Dave

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wrench

Posted June 23, 2004 - 05:52 AM

Dave,
Are you going to the 2004 upgrade? I have a 2003 cover with the new 04 bushing installed if you are going that way.

• mvagusta

Posted June 23, 2004 - 08:44 AM

Dave, This has also happened to me recently. I'm currently in the process of repairing.
I would suggest that you also check the starter clutch and gear for damage as this seemingly is the root of the problem, mine were totally nackered. My dealer know of a least 5 other occurences of this happening.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.