Do they have any preformance kits?

9 replies to this topic
  • DoctorRzed

Posted July 11, 2002 - 11:14 AM

Do they have any preformance kits for the yz426 that are not that expencive?

• CAL

Posted July 11, 2002 - 11:17 AM

Who is they? And are you sure you need more performance from your 426?

• Shawn_Mc

Posted July 11, 2002 - 03:38 PM

If you want to hop up your thumper, just buy a Thunder Alley pipe. It will be the best 250 bucks you've ever spent. If youd like a different opinion, go look at Dirtrider.net. Rich Rorich just bought a Thunder Alley and put it on his CRF. Rich knows everything. Im not kidding, he knows everything. He probably even knows Im typing this now! :) If you want to read his review of the thunder alley pipe, go look at the new product review threads. A couple of responces are mine. Good luck.

• Vanilla_Gorilla

Posted July 13, 2002 - 04:38 PM

hotcams sells a complete cam kit for the 426. 9mm lift and 265 duration, for only 170 bucks! both cams! unbeatable price, and awesome performance gain. only problem is that they are near impossible to install without a calibration set from hotcams, the set is 100$ but is also used for tweaking your cam timing. great value!
-alex

• Boit

Posted July 13, 2002 - 11:53 PM

Vanilla; have you installed the Hotcams cams? I was looking through their site earlier and read through the installation and degreeing section. I don't know anything about the quality of their cam kits so I was curious if you or anyone else has tried them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Vanilla_Gorilla

Posted July 14, 2002 - 04:32 AM

no, i atually have a set on order, and as soon as the cams and calib. set come in, ill let you guys know how it went. seems simple enough if you take your time. I have however ridden a near stock bike with these cams in it, and must say the performance increase is HUGE. i wouldnt doubt 5-6hp increase across the range.
-alex

• txthumper

Posted July 14, 2002 - 09:50 PM

whats that hot cam web sight address??

Thanks

• DoctorRzed

Posted July 15, 2002 - 01:16 AM

I thought that the hot cams could not be used w/ stock engins?

• Jon_Escombe

Posted July 15, 2002 - 03:57 AM

The Hotcams can be used with a stock engine, they're $160 per cam, and come preset to 105 degree lobe centres, so you shouldn't need a degree wheel to install them.

I needed to degree mine and rework the valve-piston clearances, but only because of my odd engine configuration. Having said that, I'd certainly be more comfortable double checking everything when installing a higher lift cam.

Aftermarket cams won't give you more power everywhere - you're definitely trading some bottom/mid for the increase in top end..

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 15, 2002 - 04:00 AM

try http://www.powroll.c...maha_yzf426.htm

Powroll has been building thumpers since,,,,, Geez the stone age

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.