Silt in the oil?And hole by airbox?

3 replies to this topic
  • DoctorRzed

Posted July 11, 2002 - 06:41 AM

I just changed my oil and found some silt stuck on the oil filter. Also I found where the air box connects to the carb on the to of the waffle like chamber that goes around the shock there is like a 1cm plastic tube w/out a cap molded in it? Is that normal. I blocked the hole w/ tape.

• sirthumpalot

Posted July 11, 2002 - 07:36 AM

Is it dirt, or is it metal (silver)?

I don't have my air boot in front of me, but I'm wondering if the hole is plugged up at the other end?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Boardercrime

Posted July 11, 2002 - 08:30 AM

ins't this the hole connected to the warmstart-button ?

• Boit

Posted July 11, 2002 - 09:46 PM

I'm freshly showered and smelling gooooood so I don't feel like getting sweaty going out to the garage to look at my carb intake. If I were you, as you go through the intake tract, also consider whether you might have ran the bike through some deep muddy water or deep silt long enough that the breather tube might have been submerged momentarily. I'm simply adding this as another thing to consider and/or eliminate.

[ July 12, 2002: Message edited by: Boit ]

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.