TTR125L footpeg problem (Short 1 peg)

5 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 03, 2001 - 05:18 PM

One of my kids came home today with one of his foot pegs in his hand.... I inspected the weld, and noticed that it was only welded about 1/2 way around. We didn't notice that the pegs were welded to the frame when we purchased the bike in October last year. "Not a very good idea!".

My boys are only about 100-125#'s... You wouldn't think that they could do this kind of damage. I remember beeting the "Hell" out of my bikes and never having this kind of problem. They haven't even gotten to the big jumping stage. You would think that a bike designed on a racing frame, would hold up to my kids..... I feel sorry for the next kid that looses a peg, on a real jump. "May god be with them".

Has anyone else encountered simular problems... If so, I would like to hear from you... (and I hope no-one got hurt)

Thanks,

Brian R. Tusler

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 04, 2001 - 05:49 AM

I had the same problem on my 1969 Bridgestone 60 but that was because I was riding a street bike like it was a dirt bike. I thought that sort of thing was behind us years ago. Come-on Yamaha...

• mike_dean

Posted June 05, 2001 - 12:23 PM

tuslerb, E- mail me and I will give you the long list of what will break next, too long to list here, and my son's only 90#. mike

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BBRguy

Posted June 05, 2001 - 03:17 PM

Hey guys, im one of the guys from the yz forum...just a suggestion, if your looking to get new pegs, write BBR motorsports, im sure your familiar with them, they absolutely love the TTR-125s they most likely have a better (wider) footpeg, and perhaps a better mounting system for them. www.BBRmotorsports.com
just my 2 cents
-Eric

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 13, 2001 - 03:42 PM

Thanks guys for your responses... So far, I have been working with my local service guy, who has contacted Yamaha USA... The word is that they will supply me with a new frame, and parts... The $250+ in labor would have to come out of my pocket... I asked them to let me know when it is all in, and I would take the frame & parts & perform the surgery myself...

Its good to know that they are willing to stand behind their product...

I will keep you updated...

Thanks for your responses

Brian R. Tusler

• John_in_Long_Beach

Posted June 13, 2001 - 04:10 PM

Wow, replace the frame when the foot peg goes bad?

Maybe I should just throw out my motor out instead of changing the oil.

I can see it now, Japanese management will be chewing some jr. engineer out for that bone head design.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.