YZF426 fender on a WR426F subframe

13 replies to this topic
  • gawarrior

Posted June 22, 2004 - 01:50 PM

Will it fit? I want to do the YZ seat, tank, and rear fender on my WR, but want to make sure the YZ rear fender will fit on my WR subframe.

thanks

• gawarrior

Posted June 22, 2004 - 01:59 PM

• FTD

Posted June 22, 2004 - 02:05 PM

Yep...
Posted Image
Hoss

• gawarrior

Posted June 22, 2004 - 02:10 PM

Wha Hoo!!! thanks. Now hopefully I can find a good deal on some plastics. While I am at it, will the WR rad. shrouds fit on the YZ tank?

• FTD

Posted June 22, 2004 - 02:12 PM

Not sure... I've got the Zipty... go with that! :thumbsup:
Posted Image
Copy and paste in MS word if the red x show up. Damn imagestation.
Hoss

• gawarrior

Posted June 22, 2004 - 03:14 PM

I can get the stock yz ones if needed, just wanted to see.

• timvv51

Posted June 22, 2004 - 04:11 PM

YZ250 and YZ426 and WR 250 and 450 wil all mount up. You have to cut just a little to get the YZ to mount to WR because of the coolant resevoir. But someone (try Acerbis) should have good cheap WR450 fenders by now. The front fenders are all the same so dont pay a premium OEM prices

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gawarrior

Posted June 22, 2004 - 04:26 PM

thanks. I will keep that in mind. I pm'd a guy here that had a bunch of yz stuff for sale. Still waiting to hear back from him. And I also know a guy that can get me oem stuff at a good price, but it would still be a lot.

• FTD

Posted June 23, 2004 - 05:54 AM

Look around for the used stuff. I bought the Zipty tank, One Industries seat and Zipty remote hot start all for $200!
Hoss

• bcavmechanic

Posted June 23, 2004 - 06:45 AM

I just put on a Zip Ty tank with a SDG YZ seat on my bike and I love the new tank and seat.I also put on a complete set of Yz plastic from Acerbis.Everything fit great.The rad shrouds are the same for both bikes and the rear fender has to be trimed around the coolent tank brackets ( it's no big deal)all the othor holes lined right up. The left number plate has to be trimed around the tank too but there is a doted line to trim on.I bought the whole plastic kit from a mailorder place for just $99.00 so I think that it's pretty hard to beat.It's nice to not have to worry about smashing the lights off when you out racing a hare-scramble.

• gawarrior

Posted June 23, 2004 - 07:03 AM

99 bucks!!!! Did that include the tank? I am about to spend $225 for tank, rear and front fender, shrouds, and gripper seat. Is that a good deal? It is slightly used but the guy says it is all in very good shape and all OEM parts.

• gawarrior

Posted June 23, 2004 - 01:23 PM

Well I just sent forum member Timfurryballs $235 for a YZ tank, seat, front and rear fender, and ratiator shrouds. I think that is a decent deal. I am really curious to see how much a difference it is going to be with all that changed out. You guys think I will like it?

• holeshot426

Posted June 24, 2004 - 07:26 AM

Dude you are going to love it. It will feel like a new bike. Its so much easier to get up on the tank with the YZ seat - way better for hill climbing. And since you can get more forward, you will be able to articulate easier. It pretty much makes the bike more nimble....

BTW that a pretty good deal from Tim IMO.....

• gawarrior

Posted June 24, 2004 - 07:49 AM

Dude you are going to love it. It will feel like a new bike. Its so much easier to get up on the tank with the YZ seat - way better for hill climbing. And since you can get more forward, you will be able to articulate easier. It pretty much makes the bike more nimble....

BTW that a pretty good deal from Tim IMO.....

thanks :thumbsup: I thought it was a good deal. And really look forward to seeing the difference

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.