Metzger's backflip

67 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 11, 2002 - 01:45 PM

Frank.,
My boy is just barely 4 and has been on his pw50...(yeh I know 2smoker.....but it is BLUE) since he was just barely 2. YES riding it at 2years old!!! I built training wheels for him so he could get the jist of throttle and brakes.
The wk after he turned 4 y/o (mid march) he started riding w/o the training wheels!
About 2wks later I built him a jump for his bicycle with a piece of plywood and a 4x4.
So it is only 5inches high but still pretty good for a 4yo!!! I have since (after he asked ) built it up another 2inches!!!
Pretty cool to see the kid with his elbows up and head forward jumpin' about 2-3feet forward!!!

He does this on his PW too!

But I would have to say ..........if he EVER EVER puts an earring in his body or a tatto on himself, I would have to say that there will be a serious ***A***** kickn' and the Mcycle will be a goner!!!
Why cant we have more ppl like Travis or Tony Hawk in these sports????!!!
These guys are class acts.
:)
Call me OLD school but that is the way I feel.
I think that kids are going to do SOMETHING so it might as well be be something constructive ........like mcycles or Baseball!
:D

• DaveJ

Posted July 11, 2002 - 01:57 PM

The more reality and the less video gaming I see going on, the happier I am.

Here's some more details. Should be on TV this Friday 9am EST.

http://expn.go.com/m..._metzflip.html#

• DaveJ

Posted July 11, 2002 - 02:04 PM

And by the way, we either live with risk, or we live with regret.

Take your pick.

• Durtorpedo

Posted July 11, 2002 - 05:19 PM

Sure E.G.O., that stuff then rocked, Zepplin, Floyd... But the music now definitely kicks, like Black Label Society...live it, bleed it. :)

• Durtorpedo

Posted July 11, 2002 - 05:28 PM

Sho' man E.G.O., dat stuff den rocked, Zepplin, Floyd... But da damn beat now definitely kicks, likes Black Label Society. Slap mah fro!..live it, bleed it. Man! :)

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 12, 2002 - 03:19 AM

Durtorpedo
Collinga hey how is the smell these days from Harris Ranch ? Ever make it to clear creek?

YZ250Forever,
You muzic is ok, I listen to some, dont take my remark seriuos Me goofin.

• FASTFRANK

Posted July 12, 2002 - 03:35 AM

OH I am the bad boy huh? with piercings and tat's LOL, Nah, you did not offend me Ego, (imagine that Ego offended somebody) I just look at it like "different strokes for different folks" I have great respect for Pastrana also. when I went to the Atlanta Supercross I wanted to see Travis kick azz so bad he came out just rocking and looked like he really had a shot but he had been sick and he just got wore out after a couple of laps. Pastrana is definitely Mr. Freestyle and one heck of a rider but you are right he really does not portray that Bad Boy image. I think our sport is doing nothing but getting more and more popular and I look forward to seeing where it goes in the next few years. If I ever have a son you can guarantee he will be on a pw50 as soon as he can turn the throttle and push the break. Props to all you fathers out there that take the time out of your life to introduce your kids to the best sport ever invented. "Motorcycling" whether it be street or dirt!! Peace, Frank :)

• Durtorpedo

Posted July 12, 2002 - 06:21 AM

Well heck yeah we go to Clear Creek. The weather is going to have to cool down a bit before we head back up. And the smell from Harris', it's not too bad. On the days that I cannot smell it at all, I will drive to it to get a wiff.
They keep telling me it smells like money, but I still don't smell the resemblance. :)

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 12, 2002 - 06:43 AM

Ya we go by it I see Jumbo Jack, Big-N-Tasty and the Whopper, so I guess you can see the money part.

I only go to Clear Creek when its winter, the asbestos in the summer, sure why not just play in it :)

I am at Hollister hills most the time, we shoud hook up at clear creak in the winter at first rain

• jmx631

Posted July 12, 2002 - 06:57 AM

I just want to ask everyone what does tattoo's and piercings have to do with anything. You guys would be suprised of how many siuts are your so called "BAD BOY" types

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted July 12, 2002 - 07:00 AM

No No No

Those guys in suits are weekend wannaB's

such as what showed up this weekend at Hollister Rally

[ July 12, 2002: Message edited by: E.G.O.**** ]

• DethWshBkr

Posted July 12, 2002 - 09:16 PM

About Pastrana doing a backflip -
I bet DeCoster is in the hospital now with heart trouble!!!

• yznvegas

Posted July 12, 2002 - 09:43 PM

Dethwsh, that's a great point. Pastrana hurt himself before last supercross season because of some "stunt" while practicing for the x-games I believe it was.

• beezer

Posted July 12, 2002 - 09:50 PM

Smart money would be invested in companies that make tattoo removal lasers. All these kids will become middle aged and want them off. Nothing looks worse than a droopy old tattoo. Tattoos are 50 times harder to remove than apply.

• Durtorpedo

Posted July 12, 2002 - 12:22 PM

E.G.O.
I'll be around, send me a PM when you are going to head in that direction. That white stuff up there isn't asbestos, really. :D Maybe ttttthaats wawahats....wwwrong with me! :)

• AZ918MAN

Posted July 12, 2002 - 06:02 PM

DUDE WHATS WRONG WITH TATS AND PIERCINGS???? I have almost 35 hours of ink and 5 piercings. I ride only moto-x and i dont act like a punk. I think just because you have ink and metal you shouldn't be stereotyped. I work and go to school full time( firescience) and I have my EMT. All my tats can be hidden with a t-shirt and pair of pants and my piercings can be taken out need be I understand where all you parents are coming from but getting tats and piercings has nothing to do with the way you act. Im sorry to rag but I love all my ink, every piece is a custom piece and I love them all. well hope i got my point accross

• newto2wheels

Posted July 12, 2002 - 06:26 PM

I'm not sure what to think about the tatoo's and the image portrayed to the public from the freestyle guys. On one hand, they push the envelope a great deal getting publicity to the dirtbike sport, but then the publicity isn't always politically correct with the appearance some of them have. The publicity is good because it brings mx more often to TV and the sponsors come around also. I think if the sponsors had a problem with the appearance of the riders they would ask them to keep their shirts on to cover up any skin art. The top guys get paid for doing it anyway so the sponsors probably have already put in thier two cents worth. I think children are influenced by what they see on TV such as the freestyle riders, mx'ers, or even wrestlers, but the biggest influence on a child is/should be their parents. Just to point out something, at least when the freestyle guys are interviewed we understand them, but man, when some of those foreign guys win a national or SX event, I can't understand a damn word they say!

• Superbike

Posted July 13, 2002 - 06:27 AM

All this Tattoo bashing is stupid. Tattoo's are not for everyone. No parent should let there kid get one until the kid is 18. A Tattoo is a comitment--for life. You should think about what you want (art work) for at least 6 months to a year before you get it, that will pretty much insure that you will still like your subject matter for the years to come. Closed minded attitudes do alot more damage in this world than any Tattoo ever will. Piercings are fine, they are removable. Just close your eyes Beezer and open your mind it is all going to be alright. The music rocks, Bad Religion, Millencollin, Disturbed, Zepplin, Hank Jr. etc. It is all good after all, it is music. What does any of this have to do with motorcycles? Just open your mind!!!!---Mike eh? OK we can still linch the back steet boys :)

• beezer

Posted July 13, 2002 - 08:09 AM

Next time they show video from a prison see how many inmates have tattoos. Then next NASCAR race see how many of the drivers are tattooed or pierced. No NASCAR sponsor is going to have some freak driving. People have the right to look any way they choose. But with that choice comes a price tag. People automatically assume the worst. Go to a job interview with a bone through your nose and see what happens. Any way if your happy with ink and piercings good for you. If you need attention that badly set yourself on fire that will get you noticed.

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 13, 2002 - 11:03 AM

AZ918MAN & Beezer

AZ beezer answers your question, its not sterio type its profiling, if you take Beezers remark (100%) true in the buisnes world, then ther is profiling. Unfortunatly thats life. I agree some kids with tats and peircing are good kids, But so are a percentage of Harly riders. Its that few percent that ruin the sport.

There is a saying hang with dogs you bound to get flea's. I think you can stretch that to include look like a hoodlum ?? you bound to get Profiled.

Thats all Im gonna say intresting posts though.

I lied I will say one more and drop out of it.

Beezer
Smart money would be invested in companies that make tattoo removal lasers. All these kids will become middle aged and want them off. Nothing looks worse than a droopy old tattoo. Tattoos are 50 times harder to remove than apply

Ya know When I was young I thought ya I can do this I can do that, Now my hearing is shot due to duel 500 watt amps, in my truck and too many indoor races with no ear plugs. Ya hind site is 20/20, I would bet Beezers statement is so true in 20. Those that peirced the tongue nose eyes nipples and who know what else, will find it real dificult to get jobs in the real world looking like the just came from a Circus Act...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.