dead horse info please

4 replies to this topic
  • WRight4

Posted June 22, 2004 - 12:54 PM

hey all, noobie here

im sure this has been asked a million times but i have looked for a litle while and cant really find what im wanting
i just bought a 99 WR400 and i need a new pipe
the original has a few kinks and cracks and i dont think thats good

i would just like to get a few opinions on what exhaust system to get and which jets will be needed.

i would also like to know where a good resource for plastics and graphics for this bike can be found.

thanks a ton

• ZEKEDAWG

Posted June 22, 2004 - 05:04 PM

Try rocky mtn atv or bobs cycle for parts and other things. As far as pipe, if youdon't have to worry about sound then any ol pipe will do. I run a stocker but if I need to upgrade I will get an fmf Q or a pro circuit 496

White bros, makes a good pipe. I am sure others will chime in with what they have. Start reading signatures to see what the others are running.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • vtfootball79

Posted June 22, 2004 - 05:12 PM

Like he said if noise isn't an issue then any pipe will do. If you want the most power possible, pro circuit Ti 4. If noise is an issue then FMF. Also, if you really want the most power then you need do replace the header as well. As far as jetting goes, try the james dean jetting guide, carbuerators scare me, so i stay away from them. but i do know that stock jetting won't do with an aftermarket pipe, it's too lean.

• vtfootball79

Posted June 22, 2004 - 05:13 PM

Like he said if noise isn't an issue then any pipe will do. If you want the most power possible, pro circuit Ti 4. If noise is an issue then FMF Q. Also, if you really want the most power then you need do replace the header as well. As far as jetting goes, try the james dean jetting guide, carbuerators scare me, so i stay away from them. but i do know that stock jetting won't do with an aftermarket pipe, it's too lean.

• Hamish

Posted June 23, 2004 - 01:58 AM

I just fitted gyt-r header pipe with YZ muffler. It's loud, but not as loud as my DSP. Torque is great, but there was a small drop in top end due to the smaller header pipe.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.