YZ 400 jetting

3 replies to this topic
  • Boardercrime

Posted July 10, 2002 - 11:49 PM

Hello there

Got a YZ 400 '98 with White Brothers E-Series Exhaust and the Airbox is open.
I live in Switzerland about 600 meters over Sea level.
Did anyone the perfect jetting for this machine?
My setting now

170 Main Jet
45 Pilot Jet
Needle is still original
Screw is 2-2.25 screwed out

Thanx

• eddiec103

Posted July 11, 2002 - 04:03 AM

Whats up Boarder I have a 99YZ400 and have it jetted pretty good What kind of problems are you having? I assume its not running to good if your asking for jetting help.I live in New Jersey and its sea level.I have a Ti Yosh Pipe and spent alot of time jetting.The best thing i bought for it was a p-38 lightning.I tried everything possible to get rid of the hesitation when i would whack the throttle hard and the p-38 did the trick it works great.What do you mean by you have the airbox open? Let me know what your specific problem is and maybe i can help you out.
Good luck ED

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • eddiec103

Posted July 11, 2002 - 04:04 AM

Whats up Boarder I have a 99YZ400 and have it jetted pretty good What kind of problems are you having? I assume its not running to good if your asking for jetting help.I live in New Jersey and its sea level.I have a Ti Yosh Pipe and spent alot of time jetting.The best thing i bought for it was a p-38 lightning.I tried everything possible to get rid of the hesitation when i would whack the throttle hard and the p-38 did the trick it works great.What do you mean by you have the airbox open? Let me know what your specific problem is and maybe i can help you out.
Good luck ED

• Boardercrime

Posted July 11, 2002 - 08:27 AM

I've got not really problems i just wanna take out
a lots of power out of my machine.

I always thinking there is for sure a better jetting possible.

With open airbox i mean i removed the cap of the airbox. Sorry for my poor english....

I heard of this P38-thing but i wanna first do the best jetting...

So if you have a good setting please tell me..

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.