426f Sprocket suggestions?

9 replies to this topic
  • Socal426f

Posted June 22, 2004 - 08:27 AM

I'm nearing time for a new chain and sprockets on my 02 426f. Current sprockets are stock. Any suggestions on changing either? I've heard going a couple teeth higher on the rear would provide more bottom end pop. I really have no clue though. I do alot of trail riding and have just started some SX track riding. I tend to spend most of my time playing around on jumps for the most part.

Thanks in advance.

• Dano426

Posted June 22, 2004 - 09:16 AM

Stock is 14 front and 49 rear. I went to a 13 in front (which is like three in the rear) and 50 in the rear. You can say it has a little bit more pop in the low end. I mostly ride tight trails and it works great for me. If you are racing sx I wouldn't go that far. You will lose your high end speed. Go buy a cheap (steel $7.00)front 13 and install it before purchasing your new chain or rear sprocket and see if you like it. Just a thought.

• Fly-nBri

Posted June 22, 2004 - 10:28 AM

Ironman sprockets....except nothing less!! :thumbsup:

• dvn

Posted June 22, 2004 - 11:59 AM

I'm running the Titax stainless steel with a DID x-ring chain and it's holding up great. I've only had to adjust my chain once so far this season! :thumbsup:

• Satch0922

Posted June 22, 2004 - 12:43 PM

I have run 14/50 and 14/51 and love both set ups. Much better for MX than stock gearing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yathump

Posted June 22, 2004 - 03:20 PM

I put a 51 on the rear and love it every condition, trails and on the track i don't think that ya can go wrong. The only thing that i complain about is the loss of top speed when we get into the wide open(which isn't very often) :devil: :thumbsup:

• sirthumpalot

Posted June 22, 2004 - 04:41 PM

Ironman sprockets....except nothing less!! :thumbsup:

Ditto on the Ironman sprockets

• Yamaha600Racer

Posted June 23, 2004 - 03:03 AM

I used a Talon Gold rear and renthal front with a regina oring chain and it lasted about 7 months.... I say iron man with a DID x-ring is what ive been hearing....or a regina O-ring, held up good! :thumbsup:

• Matt96xr6

Posted June 23, 2004 - 04:10 AM

Front - Renthal Ultra light
Rear - I have had good luck with the AFAM sprockets. The renthal blacks look sweet, but never had good luck on the rear with a renthall.

Chain - EK MRDL . Super light like the ultra light front sprocket. Less rotating mass!

• skthom2320

Posted June 23, 2004 - 06:29 PM

I'm running the Titax stainless steel with a DID x-ring chain and it's holding up great. I've only had to adjust my chain once so far this season! :thumbsup:

Another vote for the Titax and DID x-ring from rocky mountain mc. I've got them on both my bikes.

I use stock gearing 14/49 on the YZF.

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.