John "Dowdy"...Is he riding a 4 stroke KTM?

5 replies to this topic
  • MN_Kevin

Posted June 03, 2001 - 03:26 PM

Saw the Mount Morris, PA MX National today on ABC. Is Dowdy on a 4 stroke?

What is up w/ ABC? Did they finally decide to start showing a real sport again?. The last thing I saw on ABC was the Carlbad World GP MX races.

------------------
'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action (and then fixed by me), OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean, Andy in OZ, & Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 03, 2001 - 03:43 PM

Dowd is on a KTM520SX. What did you think of the cable cam, I thought ABC had many great views of the track! Camera angles were much, much better than ESPN2.

• MN_Kevin

Posted June 03, 2001 - 04:09 PM

I concur whole-heartily on the camera angles. I sure wish though that we'd get more than 15-20 minutes on these 35 minute races!

It IS much better than nothing though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • James_Dean

Posted June 03, 2001 - 05:59 PM

I thought the mud flying 30 feet high in the air at the start and splatting on the aerial cable cam lens was just too fun! With 40 bikes roosting below. :)

• Ron_S

Posted June 04, 2001 - 06:22 AM

Was at Southwick this weekend, a lot of national guys there. Dowdy was ripping on the 520, and a 125. I guess you could say putting on a clinic. Ernesto was there, Wey, Sellards, Pingree, and a bunch of others.(team Yamaha, KTM, and Honda) Those 250F's ran great, and sounded even better. Hughes was supposed to be there with the new Honda 450, but no show. Very muddy conditions turned some riders away.

• MN_Kevin

Posted June 04, 2001 - 07:22 AM

Ron,
When I was a member at Central Village MX Track in CT, Team Yamaha would rent(?) out the track the week prior to Southwick. I never had the chance to watch any of them :).

------------------
'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action (and then fixed by me), OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean, Andy in OZ, & Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC, and I use MOBIL 1 Oil, with ZERO problems.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.