00 wr400 suspension set up help

4 replies to this topic
  • robman

Posted December 10, 2000 - 06:19 PM

I weigh 145lb and ride trails 100% of the time, what should my front shocks be set on soft or how many clicks softer or harder and same for the rear?and where should the dampining be set ft an rear?
any suggestions would be great!

• James_Dean

Posted December 10, 2000 - 08:38 PM

You weigh less than 90% of the riders here. There may not be much help. Be sure to set your sag per the manual and you will probably use lighter settings on compression but near standard on rebound. Stock springs will be in the range unless you jump alot and land hard.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • robman

Posted December 11, 2000 - 05:51 AM

Thanks james
I really appreciate your help.I'll try to leave you alone for awile!

• James_Dean

Posted December 11, 2000 - 07:44 AM

No problem, keep asking and it usually generates discussion.

• John_in_Long_Beach

Posted December 11, 2000 - 12:41 PM

Based upon my experience, I think the stock suspension is fine for trailing riding and your weight.

If you do MX you may want to get the suspension revalved stiffer.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.