VP U4 Race Gas question for 04 yz450f

1 reply to this topic
  • crf450f

Posted June 22, 2004 - 04:55 AM

Has anyone had a good/bad experience using U4 VP race gas?
I bought some to try out, My dealer said to mix the race gas 50/50 with supream pump gas. The bike will have a better hit. I do like to smell of the exaustt.
Can anyone supply feedback :thumbsup:!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JVP

Posted June 25, 2004 - 10:26 AM

I have not used VP gas on my WR. However I used to use it with my 2-stroke CR250 in past and it seem to work good with a 50-50 mix. I now use a mix of 111 race gas from the local race car track gas station. I use 2-3 mix with premium 92 to get a 95-96 ratio. That is what the book recommends. There has been a lot of posts on this issue and it seems the consensus is that you do not want to get too high or too low on the octane. The bikes run best around that 95-96 octane level. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.