Hows this price?

6 replies to this topic

Posted June 22, 2004 - 02:55 AM

I'm looking at a 94 XR650lr with 1600 miles on it, the bike is in great shape. The guys asking $2000 for it, but that seems a little high (nada $1400)to me for a bike that old, even with low miles and good condition. But I also realize that the market for a particular bike can some times drive up the price. Any input would be appreciated, thanks Andy

• Roll_it_on

Posted June 22, 2004 - 03:23 AM

In my view that is a very reasonable price for a bike with only 1600 miles on it. It is identicle to a 2004 model except for the color scheme and if it is great shape it is worth what is being asked. At least here in California, land of the high priced bikes, it is. Offer him less and if he takes it even better. :thumbsup:

• BajaBoundMoto

Posted June 22, 2004 - 05:11 AM

Shoot, where is it located? For that price I'd buy it just to beat around town on.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ThunderChicken

Posted June 22, 2004 - 07:45 AM

1600 miles? are you sure you didn't leave a zero out?
that means the bike has only been ridden an average of 13 miles a month since it rolled off the dealer floor.

what is the owner like? is he an old guy that had the bike behind his motorhome? every now and then you hear about guys who find ten-year-old dual sport bikes in great condition being sold super cheap cause some old guy had em on a tray on the back of their touring rig. this sounds like your situation.

i'd jump on it as long as the guy aint white washin ya.

pay 2k and you got a deal. pay anything under that and you got a hell of a deal!

• Rover31

Posted June 22, 2004 - 09:33 AM

If you don't hurry & buy it one of us will!!!
Go for it :thumbsup: :devil:

• heliosstudios

Posted June 22, 2004 - 10:09 AM

I paid $2700 for my '94 with 6k miles on it!

Posted June 23, 2004 - 08:55 AM

Thanks guys, If I end up passing on it I'll post contact info on the 4m. :thumbsup:

Related Content

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  41 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.