wr400 series or honda 400-650r?

4 replies to this topic
  • scooter996

Posted June 22, 2004 - 02:22 AM

I keep shopping and it looks like Ill be spending atleast $3,000 to get a good, clean well maintained wr which isnt a problem. What about the honda xr400 or 650r? Similar horsepower more horse power? I know the 650r is alittle heavy. What are your guys thoguhts? Thanks

• MN_Kevin

Posted June 22, 2004 - 02:39 AM

the XR400 would make a good, plonking, slow and gnarly terrain bike.

The 650 would be good for Baja, and high speeds, but is brutally heavy.

The WR's engine, in the "modified" form destroys an XR. I do use my WR on "Goat" trails. I have geared it down one tooth up front which helps out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SMD

Posted June 22, 2004 - 03:10 AM

Scott this is a blue forum bro......come on! Actually Kevin summed it up very nicely.They all have their weaknesses.
But for versatility and long term rider skill development the Yammi is tough to beat.Just have fun. :thumbsup:

• scooter996

Posted June 22, 2004 - 10:21 AM

I know we dont talk red riders here but I needed to make sure that I was sold on the wr and now I am. Now I just need to find a good used on in the great lakes area. Anyone know anybody splitting with theirs. I have tried ebay and cycle trader but they really arent used anywhere

• Jekel

Posted June 22, 2004 - 12:00 PM

Just keep your eyes open and even consider a older 400. With the new cam, it can't be beat :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.