426/450 exhaust cam difference?

3 replies to this topic
  • Diesel_99

Posted June 22, 2004 - 02:05 AM

I was thumbing through the cam mod thread above, and I have been seeing a claimed difference in the gear pitch between the two cams. I have never compared the two, and it doesn't seem to be a problem, but has anyone determined exactly how far different they are? Also has anyone experienced cam chain failure after doing it?

• Matt96xr6

Posted June 22, 2004 - 05:07 AM

Keep reading that post. There has been specific replies in there about your questions.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dano426

Posted June 22, 2004 - 09:00 AM

I pulled the valve cover to check specs and check the chain after 15 hours of riding with the new 03 450 cam and everything looks great...

Keep reading....

• Fastest1

Posted June 22, 2004 - 04:24 PM

The difference is in the width of the chain the pin distance and roller size is almost identical. If it worries you dont do it, but the worry is unfounded. It has been tested, proven and is very durable.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.