Any tips on putting number backrounds on?

6 replies to this topic
  • DoctorRzed

Posted July 10, 2002 - 09:36 PM

• pennyz400f

Posted July 11, 2002 - 05:49 AM

Clean plastic really really good. Spray with a little windex and apply the sticker. Let stand until dry. The windex will allow you to slide the sticker around until you place it where you want it. I have never had any problems.

[ July 11, 2002: Message edited by: pennyz400f ]

• PumpkinHumper

Posted July 11, 2002 - 06:59 AM

I dont put backgrounds on the side panels. They are too curvy. The background wont flow around the bends. Just put the numbers on and forget about them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hootna

Posted July 11, 2002 - 07:23 AM

My favorite way of placing number plate backgrounds is to use some soapy water or windex. Spray over the number plate.
Peel the backing off of the number plate.
Get someone to help align the backing with the holes and edges.
Place the nuber plate backing down on the number plate in the middle and work outwards.
Use a hairdryer to warm the backing and smooth it towards the outsides.
The heat will let the backing stretch as well as shrink where needed, it works great.
Use a pin to pierce any remaining bubbles and push air out of them.
With all of the bikes I have gone through I am getting real good at number plate backgrounds, practice makes frickin perfect :)

• Hokie

Posted July 11, 2002 - 08:57 AM

Originally posted by pavelkod:

Beer!

After a couple of beers a few wrinkles don't seem so bad....... :)

• Shawn_Mc

Posted July 11, 2002 - 03:48 PM

Tips for backgrounds? Hmm, seems like they'd be heavy, just color them in with a crayon.

I dont bother with backgrounds, my sideplates look like they've been dragged down the road anyway, and I dont fall off all that much. Boots tear'm up pretty good. The sticker would end up looking like crap in nothing flat anyway.

• MXOldtimer

Posted July 11, 2002 - 03:53 PM

Originally posted by pavelkod:

Here's a tip.
Always put the sticky side "TOWARD" the bike/plastic, otherwise they'll just fall on the ground :D :) :D

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.