Tech 8 vs. Tech 6

15 replies to this topic
  • dhowell

Posted July 10, 2002 - 06:56 AM

What's the difference in these two boots? The only thing I can tell is that you can get vented Tech 8's. Can some one make this clear for me?

• Guest_mxrider426_*

Posted July 10, 2002 - 07:21 AM

The 8 has metal clips, booties inside, and other stuff I cant remember. I hear that they are super stiff before break in. I could ride in my 6's right out of the box. They needed no break in.

• therapture

Posted July 10, 2002 - 01:56 PM

I love my Tech 6's....Alpinestars has been my boot of choice for quite a few years now, excellent fit, replaceable soles, comfortable, durable and plain old good!

What more to ask for in a boot!!??

• MANIAC998

Posted July 10, 2002 - 02:21 PM

A ten thou$and dollar ankle injury forced me to either buy the be$t protection, or give up what I love. Naturally, I bought Tech 8's. 8 year$ later, another horrendou$ accident with a trip to my ankle $peciali$t. He look$ over my ankle x-ray$, and proclaim$ that nothing i$ broken! And he had never $een an ankle $o trauma'd with no broken bone$! I wouldn't call it "walking" out of there with the bigge$t $mile of my life, but I hobbled out and people $till wonder what I'm $milling about! BUY TECH 8's!!!!!!!!!!!! Maniac

• Slymax

Posted July 10, 2002 - 02:53 PM

The Tech 8's break in really fast and are the most comfortable boots I have ever worn. They have great support and I will be buying another pair seeing as some SOB stole them, along with every other piece of Moto gear my son and I owned!

• HondaMan

Posted July 10, 2002 - 03:30 PM

I have tried them all,,having Sidi,Axo, Tech 6 and
Tech 8..There is NOTHING that can compare to
the TECH 8!. If you want the Best Boot then spend
the money..others are good like the Tech 6, but the Tech 8 offers Serious Protection and they are extremely comfortable.

[ July 10, 2002: Message edited by: HondaMan ]

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted July 10, 2002 - 07:05 PM

I have the Tech 8's too. I cannot say enough on the comfort factor of these boots. I just bought them before the Nevada 1000 race and put them on before the start with no break in. They were perfect in every way. I could seriously sleep in them every night with no problem they're that comfortable. The buckle system is great too. The little bootie inside just give you more comfy cushion. Get them, please trust me!! If you buy them and are unhappy you can flame me here forever.........Don't even waste your time and money to try and save 50-100 bucks on you precious feet......... (I think I made my point)

Oh and I like the Tech 8's. Until the Tech 10's come out.

• sirthumpalot

Posted July 11, 2002 - 01:21 AM

I've got the Tech 8 and they're great so far (had them about a year). I've never really ridden in any other late model boot but I don't have any complaints about these. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • superLayj

Posted July 11, 2002 - 03:13 AM

Tech 7's

- Anyone still got a pair and if so what do you think of 'em?

sLayj :)

• dhowell

Posted July 11, 2002 - 03:32 AM

Well, since you guys leave me no other choice. Who has the best deals on these? I checked a few places that had them on sale and of course they make it up in shipping. Any suggestions?

• Odie

Posted July 11, 2002 - 04:55 AM

My Tech's 6 are awesome. No break-in time required.

• Oregon_Thumper

Posted July 11, 2002 - 05:50 AM

8's might need a little more breakin, but the protection is why you buy a boot anyway. I have 8's and I just went on walks with my wife with them on. Look a little funny, but after a couple of 2 mile walks they where fine.

• yz250finva

Posted July 11, 2002 - 05:52 AM

Some places offer free shipping on orders over a certain amount. I think $100 or so. I will look around and see if I can find something.

• Kirtwell

Posted July 11, 2002 - 06:44 AM

I think you should try on a pair of each and decide for yourself. I too agree the Tech 8's are the best boot for the $ but I didn't get the tight fit on the sides I got from the Tech 6. I love the Tech 6 fit and will not own another boot even if they were given to me.

• ACE

Posted July 11, 2002 - 08:00 AM

I have a pair of 6 and 8's. I bought the 8's after a broken foot in the 6's (not the boots fault just me being stupid) but after the pain it cause I just can't put the 6's back on even though A* fixed them. Bottom line I think the 8"s look a little tougher and either boot you will be happy with as long as it is A*. Just my .02

The 8's seam real comfortable walking in my garage the foot has not allowed me back on by bike, maybe next weekend.

• thumper4life

Posted July 11, 2002 - 08:14 AM

i pulled a ricky carmichael yesterday.... i was going up to about a 20 foot double in second which i always seat bounce and i hit the gas and there was nothing there, it just bogged. in my head i go, "well this sucks doesnt it" then my front tire hit right into the wall because its a table top landing that you have no other choice but to double or just go around. so i went over the bars and up onto the table, then my friend on a 125 was racing me a little bit and he was behind me and he ended up landing on my left leg and running it over, you can see the tread marks on the white of the boot. then my other leg ended up being trapped by the rear sprocket of the bike.

needles to say i wear tech 8's and alls i could feel both times was weight on my legs, no pain or anything or feeling of being squished, just a little bit of pressure pushing down. i cant count the other times my boots have saved me from twisting bending possibly breaking my ankles, i just love these boots!

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.