450f needle setup for more power

1 reply to this topic
  • falshh

Posted June 21, 2004 - 05:14 PM

I read in dirtbike mag that most guys run the main needle at the 3rd clip instead of 4th like it is set up to be stock, to get better mid power this is with the mixture already assumed good.I am at about 300 feet elevation and my bike runs great I think it could have a hair more power in 3rd gear bottom of throttle stroke and thought this may help anybody tried it, and has anybody played with the needle to compensate for outside temp or just the pilot screw?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fastest1

Posted June 22, 2004 - 02:16 AM

You have to experiment to find the best settings. Try it and see if it works for you. Yes. alot of us have tried different positions, different needles, mains, pilots, leak jets. It is a never ending pursuit for HP. You wont ever know unless you try. Dont believe everything you read in magazines! :thumbsup:

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.