Stock 04 450 jetting

7 replies to this topic
  • Beta_Man

Posted June 21, 2004 - 04:43 PM

A friend of mine just picked up a used canadian 04 yz 450 and the guy he bought it from couldnt find the manual. We put on a full white bros. R series pipe and can not seem to get it to run right. We want to go back to the stock jetting and go from there. We know the guy before had a pipe on it and changed the jetting. So if any of you know what the the jetting is for an 04 yz canadian 450 that would help us out lots, thanks.

• jetnurse

Posted June 21, 2004 - 05:02 PM

I have the same bike and exhaust. Canadian and WB R4. I have ended up with a 45 pilot, 172 main and clip in 4 position.

Stock is a 42 pilot, 172 main, clip in position 3.
I am in the seattle area, sea level - 400 ft.

I have tried larger pilot and main combo and this seems to work the best with great plug "color"

Hope this helps

jetnurse

• jetnurse

Posted June 21, 2004 - 05:02 PM

I have the same bike and exhaust. Canadian and WB R4. I have ended up with a 45 pilot, 172 main and clip in 4 position.

Stock is a 42 pilot, 172 main, clip in position 3.
I am in the seattle area, sea level - 400 ft.

I have tried larger pilot and main combo and this seems to work the best with great plug "color"

Hope this helps

jetnurse

• Beta_Man

Posted June 21, 2004 - 06:16 PM

that helps alot were pretty close then but I think it might have a diffrent needle in it, do you know what the stock needle is :thumbsup:.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Vet28

Posted June 22, 2004 - 02:15 AM

I'd have to check my manual, but I thought the Canadian, Australlian & European bikes all camed with 45 pilots and 172 mains? My bike runs best with a 48 pilot & stock 172 main. It ran lean below 1/2 throttle (I do have the Jardine RT4), which requires a little more gas. I haven't found any need to change the clip setting. Get the right jetting, adjust the fuel screw and have fun.

vet28 :thumbsup:

• GIX1

Posted June 22, 2004 - 04:26 AM

I also have 04 YZ450F with R4 exhaust about 1000ft above I have power now and twin air screenless filter, 45 pilot fuel screw about 1 3/4 out, mj 195, and #4 clip position runs excellent. I know large jet!! never smokes black and nice plug color. :thumbsup:

• Beta_Man

Posted June 22, 2004 - 05:20 AM

Do you guys know what the stock needle is if i can remeber right i believe it has an OBEMR in it that doesnt seem right. :thumbsup:

• Beta_Man

Posted June 23, 2004 - 03:41 PM

Do any of you know what the stock needle is for an 04 yz 450.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.