clutch or transmission problem ?

1 reply to this topic
  • superflymx

Posted June 21, 2004 - 02:12 PM

Well I got a lower end for my 1983 XL600 on ebay. The engines lower end was all rebuilt about 2 years ago or so it was stated on ebay. I had the whole top end rebuilt. When it was apart the crank was stuck I put oil on it and it turned with no problem. anyway I put the motor in my bike and it started right up,it runs great no leaks no noise but when i went to put it in gear the shifter clicks like it is going through the gears but the bike will not move. any ideas would be much appreciated

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • don87xr600

Posted June 21, 2004 - 05:00 PM

if all the parts are there it would have to be the clutch, right. Thats where I would start.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.