my story..... HELP

4 replies to this topic
  • trunkmonkey55

Posted June 21, 2004 - 12:44 PM

Heres my story... I bought my 2004 wr450f in mid april so now its two months old. I went to the beach (dunes) this last weekend and my bike ran flawless the first ride all the way through. I got back to the parking lot and after about and hour or so we were ready to go again. I try to start my bike and it fires and dies right away. I kick it over and the piston just stops dead at the top of the rotation. I took the spark plug out and it made no differance. I week earlyer I was in the mud and dirt and dumped it in a puddle, BIG PUDDLE. can some one PLEASSSSE HELP. anything will help im going to pull it apart tomarrow but would like some theories of whatthis could be caused by. Thanks Jake... :thumbsup:

• Indy_WR450

Posted June 21, 2004 - 02:27 PM

And I thought mud was only hard on the sprockets, chain, swing arm pivots, suspensions seals, brake pads, brake rotors and wheel bearings. :thumbsup: :devil: :awww:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • redrider77

Posted June 21, 2004 - 03:45 PM

I noticed that you posted having problem with your Scotts oil filter. Did the engine seize after finding the problem with the oil filter? It's just a guess, but do you guys think the oil filter problem could be related to the engine freezing up? Maybe something blocked the oil return line. Just a thought. Hope you get it fixed soon.

• Jekel

Posted June 22, 2004 - 12:04 PM

Did you change the oil after dumping in the mud?

• trunkmonkey55

Posted June 22, 2004 - 06:49 PM

no i didn't, I did notice the filter was dirtyer than i have ever seen it. after only 80 miles

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.