best full system exhaust for 03-04 YZ 450

8 replies to this topic
  • thumpsalot

Posted June 21, 2004 - 11:15 AM

Just wanting to know what the best all around full system exhaust is for the YZ 450 detailed comments very appreciated I have had a lot of recommendations towards the Dr. D let me know thanks.

• JayR426

Posted June 21, 2004 - 12:26 PM

I was very happy with the WB R4 that i had on my 426. I was looking at either a WB carbon pro or Dr. D for my new 450. The carbon pro is WAY too expensive and is very loud. I think the Dr. D is the way to go.

In their recent review of Dr. D's personal race bike,
MXA says "If you own a yz450f, then the Dr. D is the best pipe for it" We'll see. :thumbsup:

• sirthumpalot

Posted June 22, 2004 - 12:54 AM

The Dr. D Exhaust always gets good reviews.

But you haven't defined what "best" means?

• gonzo

Posted June 22, 2004 - 01:07 AM

I really like my FMF pipes. I have them on both bikes and they rip.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JayR426

Posted June 22, 2004 - 06:47 AM

I dont have the magazine in front of me but the recent review of Dr. D's bike said that the pipe gave it more power everywhere and smoothed it out. They said it made the yzf powerband more like a crf but considerably more powerful than either a stock yzf or crf. Dr. D also does a cam mod that alters the timing slightly to move the power up in the range.

This is also from a magazine... so dont bash me for saying them. If it claims to be true it might be a good performing pipe. I just might try it. The price is right. :thumbsup:

Jason

• Thumper38

Posted June 22, 2004 - 07:44 AM

The FMF 14" makes a decent change, it helps it pull on top and smooths it out too. The only draw back is that it is pretty loud! :thumbsup: :devil:

• revolucien

Posted June 22, 2004 - 03:02 PM

i have the factory 4 fmf and it rocks. made a big difference in both weight and power. i'm also running it with the 96db ama insert so it's not as loud as a lot of bikes that are out there

• silveradoss

Posted June 22, 2004 - 03:45 PM

I have a FMF Factory 4 and I love it. It improved my bottom to mid range plus it shaved off a few pounds. It's a little louder than stock but the anodized blue looks super sweet! :devil: :thumbsup: :awww: :lol:

• FFRacing79

Posted June 22, 2004 - 04:20 PM

I have dynoed most of the aftermarket exhausts...on the dyno they showed very little difference in bottom and mid...and they all SUCKED on overrev. They all lost between 4 to 8 hp from peak to limiter. So I guess it is a personal preference on what you are looking for.
The Ti4 did the best on overrev for the "canister style" pipes. The TA beat them ALL in lowend and midrange. The Jemco and ST were the best all around pipes.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.