Paddle Tire Size 560/18 Fit?

4 replies to this topic
  • scottyp

Posted June 21, 2004 - 09:44 AM

First of all I'd like to say hi. This is my first post here. I have an '03 wr450f I bought new and it is the first motorcycle I have ridden or owned. I ride the sand dunes a lot here in Utah and I hate changing tires when I want to ride dirt. I found a rear wheel assembly for sale that has a 560/18 Cheng shin dune hopper (same as sand pro) paddle tire on it. The seller claims it will fit the wr450f. It is on an aftermarket wheel - talon hub, excel rims and spokes, renthal sprocket - so the rim may not be stock width. Anyone know if there is enough clearance to run a tire this size? I'm not sure if it is wider or taller or just a different unit of measure that is about the same size as stock. Help?

• WR450F_RDR

Posted June 21, 2004 - 02:45 PM

I currently run a 120/18 size paddle on mine with no clearence problems, but I dont know how this compares to a 560/18. I only run 8 paddles,and it works well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • scottyp

Posted June 21, 2004 - 04:05 PM

I found out the 560 is 5.6 inches width. That's about 140 mm or a 140/18. Does anyone run anything that big? I'm pretty sure you could run a dirt tire that big without clearance problems, but the paddles may hit the front of the fork on a sand tire. It's on the way so i guess I'll find out this week and let everyone know. I got a complete rear wheel assembly with talon hub, excel rims and spokes, and renthal sprocket and rotor for $250 with the tire. I think thats pretty good even if the tire doesn't clear. New smaller paddle tire is pretty cheap.

• MN_Kevin

Posted June 21, 2004 - 04:05 PM

the 560 should be wider than a 150, comparing the old system w/ the new.

I don't know if a WR can pull that width (HP!!) regardless if it fits or not...

• scottyp

Posted July 01, 2004 - 09:34 AM

Well, the huge paddle would just barely fit if I added a link or two to the chain so I could adjust the wheel all the way back and I do mean all the way back. Oh well, the spare wheel is what's important. I just put my dirt tire on it and left my old paddle on the stock wheel. Best of both worlds at the swap of a wheel. What the hell do I do with that huge paddle tire now? I have no idea what it would even fit. :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.