new exhaust valve installed now there is a knock... HELP

No replies to this topic
  • TallBoysWRF

Posted June 21, 2004 - 07:44 AM

I just put a new exhaust valve in my 99 WR400, but when I got the whole thing back to geather I found there is a knock in the engine now that was not there before. I don't know what to think. As far as I know I put everything back togeather properly and I know the valve clearance is in spec. I'm going to tear it back appart because I didn't put any sealer on the gaskets (seeping slightly) and put a poston in it now that I have the money. What I'm wondering is what I should look for that would cause the knock? Is it possible that the new valve will do that until it is broken in? I'm too fearful to run it and find out so any wisdom you guys can share is most appreciated! :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.