Broken Carb Slide Aftermarket Replacement??

1 reply to this topic
  • Brettv

Posted June 20, 2004 - 04:35 PM

i have a 99WRF and havnt checked my carb slide, i was thinking of doing some preventative maintanence on it, and replacing the carb slide BEFORE it breaks and destroys everything
Is there a stronger/tougher aftermarket replacement slide or do u just have to buy genuine??

Ive heard a lot about replacing them just not where to buy them.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Frostbite

Posted June 23, 2004 - 05:04 PM

I have a 99 too and broke mine a few months ago. Luckily it didn't hurt the engine. Go to sudco.com. I bought my plate from the dealer and it was nearly 200 bucks. I found out about Sudco on this site and ordered some parts from them. They were at least 1/2 the dealer price and sent me a AC pump arm for 3 bucks when the dealer said they couldn't order it seperately and I'd have to get a new carb $1500. I don't know about any tougher aftermarket slides but mine lasted 4 years, I don't think that's too bad.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.