Modified Tailgate

11 replies to this topic
  • SealClubber

Posted July 08, 2002 - 05:11 PM

I saw a Chevy truck that had a tailgate with two slots cut into it for motorcycle back tires so you can transport the bikes with the tailgate up.
Has anyone else seen this and do you know where I can get one? I have emailed Chevy but got no reply yet. It is not on their accessories list. May have been custom made.

• thumper4life

Posted July 08, 2002 - 06:00 PM

picture or did u actually see it?

• YamahaRacer

Posted July 08, 2002 - 06:10 PM

If I am thinking of the same thing you are talking about, it was a Chevy/Fox Concept truck. It was a crew cab, with a SC engine, built in loading ramps, slots in the tailgate for tires, on board air compressor etc. Too bad it will never see production. And this is coming from a die hard Ford fan, but if Chevy ever made it, I would give it a serious look! The ultimate bike hauler!

• Yak

Posted July 08, 2002 - 06:30 PM

http://www.pickuptru.../silverfox.html

Posted Image

429 horsepower, 530ft-lbs. torque
Sounds Impressive.

Have any of you guys also seen the Ford Tonka Truck? Also impressive

http://www.pickuptru...ford/tonka.html

• Eddie Sisneros

Posted July 08, 2002 - 07:11 PM

sawzall!make it your self! :)

• PumpkinHumper

Posted July 09, 2002 - 02:10 AM

I saw a truck similar at Red Bud last Sunday. Only it was an Oakley / Chevy concept. It had similar slots in the tailgate. Only it had bubbles out the back ot the tailgate to acomidate the tires. Kinda strange but way cool.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mxfreak

Posted July 09, 2002 - 02:13 AM

The truck you saw (and which is pictured in the thread) is the Fox Racing concept truck.

Oakley has a similar one now, but not with cutouts, but with, as yzman400 says, "bubbles" for the wheels.

They are not for sale, probably because the customisation costs more than people are willing to pay for.

Stefan

• beezer

Posted July 09, 2002 - 02:26 AM

I think I would buy the long bed instead. Looks neat though.

• yznvegas

Posted July 09, 2002 - 05:03 AM

The truck is awesome except for the Kawasakis in the bed of the truck, at least put some red or blue up there.

• mikeolichney

Posted July 09, 2002 - 12:56 PM

I like it. There are times I want a full tailgate though. Removing/swapping is easy on my f150. Hmmm, maybe a trip to the junkyard for an extra...

• Vanilla_Gorilla

Posted July 09, 2002 - 04:40 PM

thats the fox racing edition chevy silverado. its a bad ass truck. 6.0 liter supercharged v8 with 500+hp. air compressor, electricity convertor, bed boxes built into the sides, side access bed, nav system, fox racing leather seats. billet rims, the whole kit-n-kabootle. and i dont know why thos KAWASUCKY's were int he bed, they should be YAMI's.
-alex

• Vanilla_Gorilla

Posted July 09, 2002 - 04:48 PM

by the way, for those of you interested, chevy WILL release a limited amount of these concept trucks. yes thats right, YOU CAN BUY IT! how much? i dont know, but i know it will be released, at least a few will.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.