Am I the only short guy

6 replies to this topic
  • Slymax

Posted July 08, 2002 - 04:34 PM

I didn't think I was that short at 5'9" but it seems like my 426 is even taller than last year. Anyone else notice the problem also? It makes the starts kinda tough as I can only put one foot down. I hope the 450 has a lower seat!

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 08, 2002 - 04:56 PM

I am 6'2", I have a hard time starting my 00 426 flat footed, I always make sure I can get my Left foot on a knol or grade, rock or park bench seat. Just about a few inches higher so I can get a good kick

And by the way Napoleon was a short dude I heard :)

• WR400Fun

Posted July 08, 2002 - 05:09 PM

Slymax, I know what you mean!

I am 5'7" .... I ride 99' WR400. I lowered the sring preset and in 3 months had a blown seal. Where I ride it is a definite advantage to touch terra firma! 75% of my falls (not crashes) are due to the fact I can't touch the ground, to start I've got to get up on the kickstand. Short sending the suspension off to be "cut down" , I don't know what i'm going to do .... the 450 is going to be no better! I'm tried of spending money, time, and effort, think I'll switch to horseback riding. Good luck getting a bike that fits!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • westladog

Posted July 08, 2002 - 05:39 PM

Shut up!!!!!!!*&%$^%$&*%
I'm 5'5 and I have had to shave my seats down 2 inches. Now, it's all good at 35.5 inches. :)

5'9 short? are you crazy!!!!!

I don't know why Yamaha makes the bikes so tall. I think the Hondas are about 2 inches shorter. That's why I bought the CRF450R (37.5 inches).

[ July 08, 2002: Message edited by: westladog ]

[ July 08, 2002: Message edited by: westladog ]

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted July 08, 2002 - 05:50 PM

5'9 short? are you crazy!!!!!

[/QB]

Word! Im 5'8, Now that you mention it I guess im a little short. Good thing I mostly ride desert.

DL :)

• MMotohead

Posted July 08, 2002 - 06:08 PM

I am short too but never have found it to be a problem. After the start gate when do you need to touch the ground? You can reach the footpegs cant you?

• Seb

Posted July 08, 2002 - 06:49 PM

EGO if ur short im god...come 6foot2inches thats not short at all!!!!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.