float leval

2 replies to this topic
  • txthumper

Posted July 08, 2002 - 10:42 AM

my bike is showing a lean plug and pipe, after the bk mod, im all the way up to a 175 main, 45 pilot, screw at 1.5 out, runs real good but showin lean..my question is on the float leval, do i check it with the float pushing the spring loaded pin in, but not the float needle, or where its just touching the spring loaded pin thats made into needle?..mine is at 9mm with spring pushed in, but not pushing needle?..sound right?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mark_Cantrell

Posted July 08, 2002 - 12:41 PM

Tx,

You sound rich. I run lean but even compared to stock you sound rich. What we're missing is the needle and clip position. Most of us are on the needle probably 80% of the time. I'm probably on the pilot more than I am on the main. Try that next.

Rotate the carb until the 'slack' is taken out of the needle vavle but the needle valve has not moved. Then measure the height of the crown (partially upside down) of the float above the bowl flange.

Good luck,
mwc

• Shawn_Mc

Posted July 08, 2002 - 01:31 PM

If your float is at 9mm its correct per everything Ive ever read about the FCR.

What are you calling lean? What part of the plug are you reading? Because, with the type of plug this bike uses, you cant get a decent plug reading without cutting the porcelin out of the plug to read it properly. The tip of the plug isnt what you want to see. My advice, if it runs good and doesnt foul plugs, just ride it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.