Engine builder in San Diego - any recommendations?

9 replies to this topic
  • RogerP

Posted June 19, 2004 - 06:33 PM

Can anyone make some recommendations on an engine builder in the San Diego area? Looking to build up a couple YFZ450s for the desert.

• YZDAD1

Posted June 20, 2004 - 04:52 AM

Why do they have to be in SanDieago? You can U.P.S. complete Engines inexpensively............... I would think you'd want the best engine builder, not necessarily the best location.............. :thumbsup:

• PBDBLUE

Posted June 20, 2004 - 05:28 AM

Try Precision Concepts in El Cajon. If they can't do it they'll hook you up with someone who can. Top notch shop!

• Moto-XXX

Posted June 20, 2004 - 11:09 AM

Try Precision Concepts in El Cajon. If they can't do it they'll hook you up with someone who can. Top notch shop!

:thumbsup: :awww: :devil:

• Davidyz450

Posted June 21, 2004 - 04:22 AM

I thought precision concepts mainly specialized in suspension?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Davidyz450

Posted June 21, 2004 - 04:29 AM

While there are san diegans here. What are the top 5 places to ride around here? Besides the Dunes and Mexico!(2 of my favorites)

• PBDBLUE

Posted June 21, 2004 - 04:54 AM

I thought precision concepts mainly specialized in suspension?

They also have an engine shop. Several years back I had one of my 2 strokes worked on there. These guys seem pretty straight up to me and if they don't do four stroke work they'll know someone reputable who does. As for your other question - Ocotillo Wells, Superstition.

• DrThumper

Posted June 21, 2004 - 06:59 AM

Try Duncan Racing....the've done some 2-smokes for me, don't know if they work on 4 strokes, but I can say they are GOOOOOOOOD! :thumbsup:

• Davidyz450

Posted June 22, 2004 - 05:07 AM

Duncan does do 4 stroke work. You just just have to tell them it's a quad! :thumbsup: Definitely a high quality shop. My brother in law has a 4 thousand dollar honda 4 tracks 250 motor.

• BlueMan911

Posted July 23, 2004 - 04:27 AM

Can anyone make some recommendations on an engine builder in the San Diego area? Looking to build up a couple YFZ450s for the desert.

Top guys leave the motors alone.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.