busted crankcase cover

No replies to this topic
  • morgan1

Posted June 19, 2004 - 10:05 AM

Twice in the last 5 rides I have kicked up something (a board laying in the middle of no where the first time) into my left crankcase cover and punched a hole in it. I purchased a used crankcase cover on ebay for 23.00 delivered. The thing goes for 100.00 at the dealer. I have JB welded both holes so far and works fine. I do not like the Idea of JB on my bike since it is sitll fairly new to me. I don't want to put the good cover on untill I remedy this problem. I also noticed a nice gouge in the frame in the same area. I am looking for a skid plate to protect these spots and have not been able to find one. There are plenty to protect the frame. I just can't find protection for my crankcase. HELP PLEASE :devil: :thumbsup: :awww: :lol:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.