Handle bar Help!

2 replies to this topic
  • jmw00

Posted June 18, 2004 - 04:38 PM

I have a set of Tag T2 bars yz style, these bars are a little on the long side as it is. I now have a set of acerbis rally pro hand gards which makes these bars even longer, almost to long for some of the trails that I ride. Can anybody tell me if it is ok to cut some length off of the bars? and will it effect the integrity of them. I sure would hate to have to go out and buy new bars seeing that these a practically new already... Give me some pointers guys, thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yathump

Posted June 18, 2004 - 05:02 PM

As long as they are not oversize there should not be a problem just make sure that you file down the end of the handle bars so that they do not cut into the throttle tube and grip. Just make sure that you do not cut off too much of the bars so that you run out of room to fit all the controls on, and to insure that your guards will still make it.

• jmw00

Posted June 18, 2004 - 05:32 PM

Thanks for the input....Just to add to the question, it would only be about 1/2 inch off each side maybe a little more.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.