Some new info on YZ450F?

11 replies to this topic
  • yamaha.dude

Posted July 05, 2002 - 12:35 PM

Not sure if this link has been posted before..

To the new YZ450 specs

But it has some nice pop-ups with drawings and stuff explaining some of the refinements of the new model...

Happy reading,

David

• txthumper

Posted July 05, 2002 - 01:43 PM

i like the changes on the engine, sure makes me wanna go plop down a deposit...but then again..will it actually beat me 426?..seams like it took me 6 months to get mine dialed in and id sure hate to quit now :) :D

• motoman393

Posted July 05, 2002 - 01:46 PM

Thanks for posting that link...man they changed ALOT of things. I cant wait til mine comes in, in about 3-4 wks. Later,

Garrett

• therapture

Posted July 05, 2002 - 01:55 PM

Originally posted by motoman393:
Thanks for posting that link...man they changed ALOT of things. I cant wait til mine comes in, in about 3-4 wks. Later,

Garrett

I am putting mine up for sale..it's a done deal, I am gonna get an '03...

*grins I cant wait for this thing!*

• motoman393

Posted July 05, 2002 - 01:58 PM

Cool man, your getting one too? I have the first 450 coming in, at the dealership where I work. We are getting 2 450's in July/August and in the next 1-2 wks I should know approx when it will arrive. I am going crazy thinking about it. Later,

Garrett

• yamaha.dude

Posted July 05, 2002 - 02:22 PM

MotoMan...

How about "I'm kinda nifty on the new 450" or "I aint so slow, on the 4-5-0"...

...right, I need to put this computer down and get some real stuff done...

David :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motoman393

Posted July 05, 2002 - 04:05 PM

yamaha.dude,

I actually was thinking about a new saying a few weeks ago and havent updated my signature yet. I was thinking, "I'm swifty on my YZ450" LOL

I like "I aint so slow, on the 4-5-0"...

Garrett

[ July 05, 2002: Message edited by: motoman393 ]

• Boit

Posted July 05, 2002 - 10:30 PM

Garret: I was wondering how the allotments of 450's are meted out to the dealerships. Do you know how it is determined the number of machines the different dealerships get and what it is based on?

• motoman393

Posted July 06, 2002 - 01:37 PM

The amount of units the dealership gets is dependent on how many they sell in previous years and the demand in the area. The dealership I work for has 3 locations and they get 15 YZ450's the whole year for all 3 locations. The delivery sheet says 2 should be here July/August and the next shipment is September, and my name is all over the 1st one. I will get the take it off the semi and assemble/uncrate it, and be the 1st person to start it! I will post pics the day I get it, and I should find out soon exactly when it will be here! Later,

Garrett

• therapture

Posted July 06, 2002 - 01:45 PM

Originally posted by motoman393:
Cool man, your getting one too? I have the first 450 coming in, at the dealership where I work. We are getting 2 450's in July/August and in the next 1-2 wks I should know approx when it will arrive. I am going crazy thinking about it. Later,

Garrett

Yep, I am getting one, can't wait! I decided to go ahead and do it now, since me and my wife are trying for another child, I don't want to try funding one AFTER a new baby. Better to get it now, and make sacrifices later! I mean that in the best way, I will always take care of my family first, but if I already have a new bike, then cutting corners somewhere else is easier than trying to make a 2000 model last for 2 more years.

:)

• Boit

Posted July 06, 2002 - 03:02 PM

My life sucks cuz I'm not Garrett!!!

• verge

Posted July 06, 2002 - 08:07 PM

I talked to Doug Dubach at the Mammoth Motocross last week about the YZF450 and here is what I learned. It's pretty much an all new bike except for the wheels. The motor has alot more bottom and mid range than a 426 and slightly more on top end. It's slimmer and alot lighter, so it handles better. It's easier to start because of the auto compression release and the handle bar mounted hot start. You don't need any tools to service the air filter. He said that you don't notice that you are riding a four speed trany untill you get back on a 426, then it feels like you are shifting to much on the 426. It sounded like there will be a way to convert them to electric start latter on. A friend of mine is supposed to be testing them for Dirt Rider Magazine on Monday & Tuesday and I might go with him to check them out. I'll post something about them if i go.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.