graphics yellowing?

4 replies to this topic
  • scooter996

Posted June 17, 2004 - 08:33 PM

As I look for a used wr400 in my area I have noticed that the decal on the gas tanks are usually yellow in color. Whats that from? I know its sorta a dumb question but I have noticed majority of them are like this. Doesnt matter if its stock decals or aftermarket.

• ddialogue

Posted June 18, 2004 - 02:05 AM

Most likely from the fuel vapors that seep through the plastic. You'll notice that most of the 'natural' colored aftermarket tanks turn that same color after a while too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gomopar440

Posted June 18, 2004 - 04:55 AM

Yea, It's from the fuel vapors seeping through the tank over time. The tank decals are perforated to allow the vapors to escape without causing bubbles under the decal. I's almost impossible to eliminate the yellowing but darker colors hide it better than lighter colors.

• ddialogue

Posted June 18, 2004 - 06:16 PM

I also drain the fuel tank completely after every ride. It's easy to do and it will (hopefully) keep that natural looking tank looking good for a long time. So far so good! :thumbsup:

• SteadyEddy

Posted June 18, 2004 - 09:25 PM

I also drain the fuel tank completely after every ride. It's easy to do and it will (hopefully) keep that natural looking tank looking good for a long time. So far so good! :thumbsup:

Hmmm, wouldn't it be better to leave the tank filled right up to the top so their is less air/fuel vapours :devil:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.