Moving to Baltimore, MD for school Places to ride?

4 replies to this topic
  • J_T

Posted June 17, 2004 - 08:18 PM

Hey All, My wife and I are moving to Baltimore, MD for the next 12 weeks for a rotation there for school. I have been the last 2 years out of the country away from my bike and want to know if it was worth fooling with trying to take my BRP to ride? Don't know how much time is available or even where I'd keep it but thats stuff that can be worked out once I decide what I am going to do! Maybe in Washinton DC after the that time or Detroit, MI but I'll have some time in between to regroup. If its better to ride at those places.

Please help b/c I want to ride b/c I'm loosing my touch and I haven't gotten any saddle time this past week and it doesn't look good before we have to move? Durn school....

Thanks Ya'll

• xcracer123

Posted June 17, 2004 - 10:18 PM

I live in far western MD. Check out some local bike shops. The people there should be able to hook you up with some places. There is a guy down your way, Andris(Andy)Lagzdins that races in the gncc series on quads and has a shop. I'm not sure what the name of the place is. I suggest getting in touch with people at his shop.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JetPilot

Posted June 18, 2004 - 01:55 AM

Im based out of DC and all I can say is that this area SUCKS !!! :awww: Trees, fences, schit everywhere. Possibilities are very limited in this whole area. Yeah its possible to ride here, but it like the same obstacle infested trail over and over and over and over.. :thumbsup: I never even considered getting back into bikes until I started living in South America. :lol:

• wobblyknobby

Posted June 18, 2004 - 09:05 AM

There are places to ride in MD. I have done some riding in southern MD by St. Mary's. Also, Maryland's eastern shore is undeveloped and offers awesome riding. There is even a place that is home to hundreds of wild horses. I will be in MD in a couple weeks, as soon as I finish shipping all the parts I have on ebay right now. I live on a boat and take a dirt bike with me when I cruise. My boat is right on the MD border with Va at the moment. My little pic at the left was taken in Annapolis, MD. We should stay in touch as I have no riding buddies on the East Coast. Just a thought and good luck with school. :thumbsup:

• stonewall

Posted June 18, 2004 - 09:42 AM

If you don't mind driving for a few hours to ride then absolutely bring the bike. The riding out my way is literally endless with a tagged bike. I rode 211 miles the other day from my yard and was never on the same trail twice. There are so many trails, old rail grades, and logging roads on the Natl. forests of VA and WV that I will never be able to ride them all in my lifetime. I also live on a farm in the mountains and have plenty of riding right here at the house. If you bring the bike PM me and we will go for a ride. Here's a link to some pics from a recent ride. :thumbsup:
VA/WV Ride Pics

Related Content

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  37 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  41 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.