2002 YZ426 Strange Noise

5 replies to this topic
  • MX974

Posted July 05, 2002 - 09:56 PM

I was practicing last Wednesday and was using a taller gear in the corners. I noticed on exiting the corner a strange noise when I first started accelerating. It was kinda a tweet noise, almost makes me think of an air leak. It runs great and seems to be jetted correctly.

Has anyone else noticed this type of noise and do you think I should be concerned?

• therapture

Posted July 05, 2002 - 12:24 PM

Most likely it is just the motor sucking air through the air filter. These motors are STRONG and pull a large volume of air, and since you were in a higher gear/lower rpm, there is less engine noise and you can more easily hear this "sucking". Mine does it all the time, nothing to worry about.

• JT1

Posted July 05, 2002 - 01:54 PM

My bike is making the same noise. It comes from the right side and only is noticable as i roll on the throttle. I have heard it refered to as the "tweety bird" on the WR side. The consesus is it is normal engine noise. try a search for more info.....JT

02' YZ426F, Pro Tapers, Devol guards, e-line skid, Promoto s/a.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted July 05, 2002 - 03:02 PM

Ya mean that Chunak-gagg-uggg-cha-chink-ping isnt normal :)

Mine does the same thing expecially if I short shift and really let the engine grunt do the thumpin, I think it sound like a blower winding up, it kinda cool...

[ July 05, 2002: Message edited by: E.G.O.**** ]

• MX974

Posted July 05, 2002 - 05:38 PM

Thanks again guys for the replies! I made it through the regional and I am going to Loretta Lynn's in a month and feel better about this noise. Didn't want to drive done there and have problems!

• moto_madman

Posted July 05, 2002 - 08:26 PM

think of the noise as a warning to hang on because when those RPMs build your goin for a ride :)

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.