Where to get Water Pump Parts On-line ?

4 replies to this topic
  • humbertob

Posted July 04, 2002 - 06:17 PM

Yesterday I was trail riding with my brother and suddenly my '99 YZ400F started to leak water from the hole above the Water Pump cover, now I'm looking to buy the parts to replace online, any body here may tell me where to get that parts, and what parts do I need to change.......? Any recommendations fixing this problem......?

Thanks in advance ! :)

• thumpsalad

Posted July 04, 2002 - 07:54 PM

Humbertob...

www.yamahaoftroy.com has good prices and ships quickly. I got my water pump parts from them awhile back.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtjerk

Posted July 05, 2002 - 03:30 AM

it sounds like it is one of your o-rings.if this your problem, use the yamaha of troy's website to see the part numbers you need. you can look it up or just follow this link. http://216.37.204.20...pe=13&A=164&B=2

the cheapest place i have found for oem parts is a place in PA called bob tracey's. they don't have a good web-site yet, but like i said their prices are awesome. the number is 1-800-860-0686.
they are open mon-fri except wed. I hope this helps.

Brian

• Guest_blatham489_*

Posted July 05, 2002 - 05:21 AM

The '99 may be different than my '98, but my '98 has a weep hole just BELOW the cover. That's an indication the impeller shaft seals are gone. Several people recommended just replacing the outer seal (only requires removing the pump cover and impeller), which I suppose may get you by. I plan to replace the inner as well which is more involved, removing the right side crankcase cover is required. Mine needs a more thorough going over anyway.

• dirtjerk

Posted July 06, 2002 - 08:29 AM

blatham489,

the weep hole is to let you know that your pump cover o-ring is bad. the seals that go on the impeller shaft are for oil to lubricate the impeller shaft itself. if these seals go bad i believe you get coolant in your oil, which would be milky oil. he said it was from a hole above the water pump cover, the weep hole is below. go to this link and look at the picture. i believe he needs some #13 o-rings.

http://216.37.204.20...pe=13&A=164&B=2

brian

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.