WR 400's "Chugability" - WR Novice

5 replies to this topic
  • kta

Posted June 17, 2004 - 06:26 AM

I don't know much about the WR, (I currently ride a kx250) but I'm looking for a more trail oriented bike. I was wondering what the bottom end of these bikes is like. Is it similar to an xr400? I like to rip but I also like to be able to putt/chug up steep techincal trails without worrying about stalling out. Could the WR400 be my ticket? Thanks.

• dirtsurfer1

Posted June 17, 2004 - 06:37 AM

I have a '99 wr400 and love to do that type of riding. It works great. Mine does have a 6oz. flywheel weight which helps. I know what you mean though. I love to explore around, and sometimes that means coming around a corner and heading straight up a hill with no starting speed. I havn't stalled out yet. As long as I keep the samllest bit of gas on she keeps chuggin'. :thumbsup:

• dirtsurfer1

Posted June 17, 2004 - 06:40 AM

That is "SMALLEST" bit of gas... :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • '00_in_Calgary

Posted June 17, 2004 - 06:45 AM

I love the WR for it's ability to climb hills at pretty well any speed. One of my favorite things in the woods is to stop mid-way on a hill that's stopping the 2-smokes, asking if they need any help, and then pulling away uphill. It's great :thumbsup: Mind you I've dropped a tooth on the front and gone up 2 on the back and the trade-off is that my top speed has been limited. For where I ride, it's all climbing and very little WFO. A flywheel weight would make things even better.

'00 in Calgary

• jchantzWR400F

Posted June 17, 2004 - 09:16 AM

Very Chugable. You'll love the bottom on this bike.

• kta

Posted June 17, 2004 - 10:25 AM

Awesome! Thanks guys - I'll be watching the classifieds.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.