radiator braces

8 replies to this topic
  • dirtjerk

Posted July 03, 2002 - 10:11 AM

I have a 99 yz400. I just replaced the radiators on it because they were all bent. Before I ride it again, I promised myself I would put radiator braces on it to prevent the $350 whamo. I see several manufactures of these but have no experience with them. If anyone has any feed back on ones they love or ones they hate please let me know. I am looking for maximum flow to my radiators.

Thanks,
Brian

• Guest_mxrider426_*

Posted July 03, 2002 - 10:53 AM

If you want maximum flow, don't get them. But if you smash radiators very often, You have no other choice, except stop falling.

I would definately choose the longer life of my engine over my radiators. They are cheap compared to an engine.

But if I did get some, I would probably get the Works Connection ones. They help protect the back of the radiators from a wrench or rocks.

• Yak

Posted July 03, 2002 - 11:05 AM

i have a friend that has these on his YZ250. They seem to be holding up well.

Posted Image

• 98yz

Posted July 03, 2002 - 11:36 AM

I run the Devol's they work great and have a brace on the back side.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Vanilla_Gorilla

Posted July 03, 2002 - 12:17 PM

DEVOL braces are by far the best, they offer excellent airflow by eliminating the plastic vanes in front of the radiator, and also offer the best protections. but they add substantial weight, almost 2 pounds, i prefer the works conection braces.

• moto_madman

Posted July 03, 2002 - 01:45 PM

I run works connection. They work great and saved a rad in a big hit. I still like the custom ones i have on my kawie better though.

• grashoper250

Posted July 04, 2002 - 08:21 AM

www.ziptyracing.com That's what I have.

• nopremix

Posted July 04, 2002 - 05:59 PM

Go to Flatland Racing
These things are great, have used them for 4 years. They take a heck of a beating and keep your radiators alive. Also, they are a must in any kind of mud, because they keep the crud off your radiators so they can breathe.

• MOmilkman

Posted July 04, 2002 - 07:41 PM

Here we go again.... :)

FLATLAND! #1 - the best - rules! The beefiest!

No, seroiusly, I have compared them to many other brands and they by far are the best made, strongest guard made.

Just one mans opinion.....

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.