Radiators

12 replies to this topic
  • Vic

Posted June 02, 2001 - 07:32 AM

I have recently had a tree eat my left hand side radiator off my 2000 WR400. I swear the tree jumped out in front of me, although I'm having a hard time convincing anyone else of this.

What I need ia a used radiator for the left had side. (This is the left as you are sitting on the bike). If anyone has one for sale let me know. If not, tell me a cheaper place than the $239.00 my dealer is saying this will cost to replace.

And No, it can't be fixed per my radiator shop.

Vic.

[This message has been edited by Vic (edited 06-04-2001).]

• imported_Scott_H

Posted June 02, 2001 - 12:27 PM

Bummer. If you can't find a used one, go to www.powersportspro.com and order one from them. $216.09 and free shipping. I've had pretty good luck with them so far.

scott

• Bill

Posted June 02, 2001 - 01:30 PM

Vic,

Your shop may not be able to fix the rad. You should still try a search, using "radiator Repair". If your shop does not specialize in motorcycle rads. The one you find in the search might be able to fix it?

Does that make any sense?

Bill

------------------
97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, MX-Tech suspension, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Cycra Pro-Bend hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC, Rausch Creek MXC, Tower City Trail Riders.

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted June 02, 2001 - 08:06 PM

Mylers in Utah or Fontana Radiator in SoCal claim to be able to fix anything. Do a search on this site for radiator and you'll find the ph#'s eventually.

$235 was what I paid for a left side radiator back in November from Apache Honda in Az.

Brian

• Pimcon

Posted June 03, 2001 - 12:49 AM

After a nasty frontal-left side crash with another bike I had to replace the left radiator and paid something similar to what you quoted.

Are the Thumper/Flatland radiator guards still the best pick? At USD 75 flat price plus shipping and tax I probably get them in-house here in Europe for half of the replacement cost of one radiator. So if I manage to wreck one more in the lifetime of the bike, it is a good investment. Tough choice..

What about cooling with these guards? It is decreasing much or no noticable difference?

• vincegatcore.com

Posted June 03, 2001 - 05:28 AM

I have an extra left side that was damaged but still holds fluid.
Its just bent a little e mail me I will try to get a pic in the next couple of days.
I rode with that one for two years with no problems.
I was keeping it for my next tree

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR_Rider

Posted June 03, 2001 - 10:13 AM

hey Vic
Let me know if your still looking for a used one...i crunched mine a bit underneath (not seriously)when i first got my bike. bought a new one just incase. i used the damaged one for a year before putting the new one on when i got my new plastics. never had a problem with leaking etc. i'd let it go for 50 bucks if ya want it.

-Chuck

ooops, forgot to mention it's for a '99 WR. not sure if there is a difference.

[This message has been edited by WR_Rider (edited 06-03-2001).]

• Ga426owner

Posted June 04, 2001 - 05:30 AM

I just got mine back from Mylers: they fixed it just like new, 1 day turn around service. These people do great work for very reasonable $.....I would send them even the worst/smashed/crushed/leaking radiators. You will spend a lot less than $200-230 for a new one, which I understand are not avail. from Yamaha.

• Vic

Posted June 04, 2001 - 05:55 AM

Thanks for responding everyone!

ScottH, you are right Powersports.com does have the best new price that I can find and blows all the local dealers away within a 1 hour drive of my house. Can you belive one dealer wanted $278.00.

Bill, My radiator is so bent and torn nearly in half I contend she is a loss. Sorry, but Niles and I won't be able to make your June 15th weekend trip. I have 10 riders including myself going on a trip that I run twice a year, to NY on the same weekend. We will be renting my buddies cabin along the river and will run the snowmobile trails and his track for three days.

Pimcon, Yes radiator guards will be going on my bike before my next ride. An expensive lesson has been learned.

WR Rider, Sorry, but your radiator doesn't cross-reference to mine year per my local Yamaha dealership.

Vince, I sent you and e-mail, get back with me quick.

Vic.

• Vic

Posted June 04, 2001 - 08:26 AM

Ok, Vince's radiator won't work and I need Mylers phone # ASAP!

I searched the old post and most of them are stating file not found and I didn't see their number anywhere.

Help,

Vic.

• wrpunisher

Posted June 04, 2001 - 01:56 PM

Myler's fixed mine up for $35 and 1 day turnaround.

800-367-7699

------------------
Chris
99WR400F

• MS

Posted June 06, 2001 - 04:33 PM

Vic:

Just my 2 cents, but Mylers also repaired my crushed rad about 6 months ago.. crushed when other MX rider came down on me,, I m ok, but my left side of bike fell on his rear axle bolt.. Mylers repaired with 2 day turnaround and for 40 bucks.. still works great..

MS
98 WR400

• kenmoto1

Posted June 06, 2001 - 06:37 PM

Mylers, the only way to go.I thought my radiator was done but I sent it to Mylers and it was back in 4 days good as new.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.