Asterisk Braces

7 replies to this topic
  • Ridin'_MD

Posted July 02, 2002 - 04:17 PM

Anyone have the low-down on Asterisk braces? I hear they are great, but I'd like to hear from someone who uses them.

• Echo1101

Posted July 02, 2002 - 08:21 PM

I bought a pair about a year ago and would not ride again without them. They are a little uncomfortable at first but when they break in their great.

The first thing I did was take the string laces out of the back. They don't do much but get in the way.

Another consideration is the on the side, there are 2 wires that I guess keep the brace from over extending. Both of mine broke after only a few rides. A buddy of mine told me that the company will warranty the repair but I haven't done it yet. I don't know if they have addressed this problem but I would check into it.

If you've got the cash to drop (500-600)it is a worth while purchase. Not to mention cheaper than knee surgery.

Good luck.

• Ridin'_MD

Posted July 02, 2002 - 08:43 PM

Thanks! Sounds like they are worth the cash. :)

• Mark_UK

Posted July 02, 2002 - 09:15 PM

ridin md
i think you will find theres a few makes of braces available , that people will swear by

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 98yz

Posted July 03, 2002 - 03:08 AM

I have riden with a pair and liked them very much. Going to purchase a pair very soon.

• Oregon_Thumper

Posted July 03, 2002 - 05:26 AM

Love mine, won't ride without them.

• cfisher185

Posted July 03, 2002 - 05:29 AM

Mine are about 4 months old now and holding up very well .. i won't ride without them ..

Charlie

• vznx1w

Posted July 03, 2002 - 05:55 AM

My pair is about a year old and I wouldn't ride without them. Product support is fantastic, last week I crashed and broke the LH patella (knee cap)impact guard. (Unfortuantely, I also refractured my RH collerbone which had just healed from a crash 8 months ago

When I called Asterik, I was pleasently shocked that they OFFERED (I didn't even have to ask) to send me a replacement free. They even shipped it priority mail.

I highly recommend them.

Steve

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.