interesting use for your old MX tires

25 replies to this topic
  • acarter920

Posted July 02, 2002 - 03:44 PM

Originally posted by Big_Al_660R:
IT AMAZES ME. I posted a topic on here saying I had a Raptor, and everyone I mean EVERYONE put me to shame. Called it a "buggy" "golf cart" and so on. WHAT THE HECK IS THAT THING??!!?? IT IS MORE OF A BUGGY THAN A RAPTOR. So all of you dirt bike riders quit making fun of people who ride quads, when you think a rail buggy is the COOLEST thing ever!!!

You put a turbo injected motor into your raptor, give it about 20 inches of wheel travel, ride it 150 mph... and then we'll cut ya a little slack :)

• newto2wheels

Posted July 02, 2002 - 04:57 PM

acarter920- be careful what you ask for, pro mx quads have 18 inches of travel, some quads do have turbo's and nitro's, custom built of course, and Cannnondale does make the fuel injected 400cc thumper, now the top speed your asking for may be a bit of a challenge though. Your expectations may be met sooner than you wish.

[ July 02, 2002: Message edited by: newto2wheels ]

• acarter920

Posted July 02, 2002 - 06:04 PM

Yeah, and those are sweet! I love a long travel screamer of a quad... and the manufacturers are finally getting over all the lawsuits from the early 90's and putting a little more R&D into quads now. They are getting nicer, but they're still not quite up to par with the modern dirtbikes. Just my opinion though :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thumper4life

Posted July 02, 2002 - 06:28 PM

i personally like those high speed desert quads with the like +9 extended a-arms that just flow over all the rough stuff :)

• Mark_UK

Posted July 03, 2002 - 01:35 AM

i see potty mouth has been wiped off the board again

• Big_Al_660R

Posted July 03, 2002 - 03:27 AM

See..dirt bikes have their positive things. And quads also have theirs. Like the 18"of travel,nitro,N.A.S,and much more. They are not just lame little 'ol buggies.

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.