03 to 05 yz450

8 replies to this topic
  • Thumper38

Posted June 16, 2004 - 06:01 AM

Well I was wondering if the 04 is much better tnan the 03, my 03 never wants to turn like a crf any help is great. I am not sure what to buy? :thumbsup:

• fastenuf4u

Posted June 16, 2004 - 06:59 AM

Thumper38,
I am not sure which would be a better buy but I do know you may want to try the Storm Linkage if you have problems turning your 03 450. I have the same year/model and I had issues turning my bike until after I put on the linkage. It really does make it turn better, heck you may get one and decide to wait another year to get a new bike! Who knows. Later.

• Ga426owner

Posted June 16, 2004 - 09:10 AM

Thumper38 I 2nd that!! The Storm Linkage turned my 03 into a much better corner carving machine. I highly recommend this part :thumbsup:

• Thumper38

Posted June 16, 2004 - 09:51 AM

were do I get the linkage?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Satch0922

Posted June 16, 2004 - 02:53 PM

http://stormcycles.c...n/web_store.cgi

• JakeAcab

Posted June 16, 2004 - 06:01 PM

the 04's have a better clutch then then the 03's to from what I have heard.

• Sparky_So_Cal

Posted June 16, 2004 - 06:49 PM

How did the strom linkage affect your high speed stability? There has to be some sort of a trade off. Did you notice anything? Nothing sucks more then head shake :thumbsup:

Thanks,
Dave

• Thumper38

Posted June 17, 2004 - 01:12 AM

Is it the same as raising the forks in the triple clamps? :awww: :thumbsup:

• fastenuf4u

Posted June 17, 2004 - 03:05 AM

Sparky_So_Cal,
I did not notice any negative effects from running the Storm Linkage so far. It isn't really the same as running your forks higher in the clamps which does lead to adverse effects on some bikes. I think it raises the rear slightly and helps give the front tire more traction. I am sure someone on here can explain it better.

I do know this, the first ride out I went to hit a nice berm in a corner and laid the bike over farther than I ever have before. I can now literally corner, rail berms like I used to on my 125. No joke!

Oh yeah, you can always throw a Magura Hydro unit on and you'll never go back to a cable clutch. The first ride out with my Magura I thought the lever had fallen off or lost pressure because the pull was soo much easier.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.